To root or not to root

This is a discussion on To root or not to root within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I saw earlier today that someone has finally figured out how to root the backflip. Is rooting your phone worth the risk? On one hand ...

Thread: To root or not to root

To root or not to root

I saw earlier today that someone has finally figured out how to root the backflip. Is rooting your phone worth the risk? On one hand I've seen that a lot of people are noticing decent performance increases once the ATT crap is gone and added to the fact is the possibility of getting 2.1 early. But I am worried about what would happen if I somehow managed to screw up the phone. Also, can rooted phones still receive OTA updates?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The Backflip started out great but then started to get laggier and laggier. Even the girl at the AT&T store said it was laggy. It was decent compared to my wife's iPhone, so I bought it.

I have only had it since 8/13 and it started getting slow. Even reboots took a long time, and even then it wasn't much faster.

This morning, I rooted my Backflip. The first thing I did was remove the erroneous AT&T stuff like att maps, music (replaced with Meridian), and a bunch of other stuff. What a difference! Much less lag and it's quite a bit more responsive.

So, while I cannot make the decision for you, I can say I haven't regretted it.

Sent from my ROOTED MB300 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links