Restoring Your Backflip Back to OEM (NAND Re-Flash)

This is a discussion on Restoring Your Backflip Back to OEM (NAND Re-Flash) within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I am trying to fix a backflip for a friend and i'm stuck. The only way the phone turns on is when i connect it ...

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Restoring Your Backflip Back to OEM (NAND Re-Flash)

Stuck at boot screen M and bricked

I am trying to fix a backflip for a friend and i'm stuck. The only way the phone turns on is when i connect it to the AC power and it boots to the motorola M and freezes. I can't get into recovery mode with Power+Camera. I can only get to Bootloader using Power+J+D. I tried flashing the phone using RSD lite to the official mototola andriod 2.1 stock rom. While flashing it flashing the Code Group 2. After i flashed the phone, it does not automatically reboot. I must disconnect it from my computer and connect it to AC power for it to turn on. When it turns on, it still only boot to the Motorola M and freezes. Does anyone knows whats going on and how to fix it or is the phone pernamently bricked

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    That's an interesting one. Are you sure you have a good battery? Bad batteries can do weird things...

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

I'm not positive that it is a good battery.

Hi Dorian.
    I have the same situation as andrew8n. My MB300 cannot boot itself and i must plug it in the AC power to boot it up. But only the green screen with the white text on the bottom left " Bootloader USB init ". I try to plug it in my PC but the PC does not recognize it.

If you're getting a GREEN screen with a white USB Init, then you must have tried flashing a non-AT&T (or non-US) firmware with rsdlite. I know this first hand as I tried to flash a different version (non-US) of the radio on my backflip, and it caused this very situation. This thread is for US AT&T versions of the firmware. Double-check the version of the firmware you have and make sure that the *.sbf filename includes 3 key segments to make sure you are flashing a version designed for the US ATT Backflip (Android 2.1 is Endive - I forget what the previous codenames are): Endive ATT Motus (I don't believe these will fall in any other version's filename) - If the filename does not include at least ATT and Motus (which should be on all US versions), you are not flashing a US ATT version of the backlfip firmware. If you had the correct firmware, and it got up to the init screen, it would be a deep BLUE screen with the white lettering.

To fix this, just find the right version of the firmware and reflash with rsdlite as per the instructions in the O.P. It is IMPOSSIBLE to COMPLETELY brick this phone unless it's a hardware fault! Trust me, I've tried EVERYTHING to brick it, software-wise, and it has come back to life EVERY time with rsdlite!

Anywho, that's just my 2 cents, lol I haven't had to reflash stock in a LONG time, and I couldn't remember the key-combo, which is why I even looked for this thread, lol, but my credentials stand in the M3 forum..

Peace..

Thank Wickid for your help. I'll have a try with my Backflip.

Quote Originally Posted by yangkid1985 View Post
    Hi Dorian.
    I have the same situation as andrew8n. My MB300 cannot boot itself and i must plug it in the AC power to boot it up. But only the green screen with the white text on the bottom left " Bootloader USB init ". I try to plug it in my PC but the PC does not recognize it.
    :motorola:
    Thank you for your advise. And I'm thinking I must describe more clearly about my phone. First I flash my MB300 with a an It radio, after that my phone reboot. Completing reboot, a green screen with the white text USB Bootloader Init appear. At first, i can turn on my phone with the power key but now the only way to turn it on is plug-in the Charge. And the worst thing is my PC does not recognize the MB300 unless it turned on. Have you ever seen any case like me ? Waiting for your reply. Thank.

it started loading the drivers to my phone then stop in the middle and said failed to load, can you help!

I finally find the main problem happen to me. The first thing is the bad mood battery and the second that I cannot find the right ROM for my MB300. Could you help me with provide me a right ROM for my BACKFLIP ? My MB300 is a present of Motorola to whom had worked for the company for years.

Quote Originally Posted by yangkid1985 View Post
    Could you help me with provide me a right ROM for my BACKFLIP ?
    There are links to download firmware on this forum and over at modmymobile. What version of the firmware were you running before?

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links