Restoring Your Backflip Back to OEM (NAND Re-Flash)

This is a discussion on Restoring Your Backflip Back to OEM (NAND Re-Flash) within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by rht_rv will this work for me, my device keeps on getting stuck at the motoblur bootup logo....???? Yes, it should. When you ...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Restoring Your Backflip Back to OEM (NAND Re-Flash)

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by rht_rv View Post
    will this work for me, my device keeps on getting stuck at the motoblur bootup logo....????
    Yes, it should. When you reflash with this, it brings it back to how it came when you first turned it on. If you can see the Moto bootloader, your phone is easily recoverable. Just be careful and follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Yes, it should. When you reflash with this, it brings it back to how it came when you first turned it on. If you can see the Moto bootloader, your phone is easily recoverable. Just be careful and follow the instructions and you'll be fine.
    IT WORKED!!!
    thank you sooo much, i should think twice before trying to put a new boot logo without remounting!!!!

It worked for me as well. I wish rooting the backflip was as easy as that. Word of advice give it a few more weeks before you try to root your phone. I don't believe it is working correctly yet.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nappent View Post
    It worked for me as well. I wish rooting the backflip was as easy as that. Word of advice give it a few more weeks before you try to root your phone. I don't believe it is working correctly yet.
    After I had complications the first time around with my baseband radio not working, I restored, then less than 5 minutes later I was successfully rooted with jrodd's recovery bootloader installed, and I had a nandroid backup. Everything's been working perfect since then. After restoring, you're cleaning out all those programs and files that could conflict or cause permissions issues, so restoring then rooting is the more proper way IMO. It just makes the whole process "cleaner".

Hey, will this work for Canadians with a Telus phone?

My "K" key is totally messed up now and not working properly so I need to revert my rooted phone so I can get it fixed.

I'm with Telus Mobility in Toronto and I have no idea if that AT&T image will work and would rather not try until I know for sure.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    The method is the same, though you need to get the Telus ROM from the link at M3.

I just do the terrible thing, downgrade from the ver 1.37 to the 1.12. Now, my phone is stuck at the black screen with the message Bootloader USB Init. Is my phone bricked? Can I recovery it back? Please someone help me?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber2804 View Post
    I just do the terrible thing, downgrade from the ver 1.37 to the 1.12. Now, my phone is stuck at the black screen with the message Bootloader USB Init. Is my phone bricked? Can I recovery it back? Please someone help me?
    Yes. You just need to flash a newer software version. Download the appropriate version for your phone and carrier. Go back into bootloader mode and reflash. BTW... the USB Init mode is a blue screen with a black moto logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Yes. You just need to flash a newer software version. Download the appropriate version for your phone and carrier. Go back into bootloader mode and reflash. BTW... the USB Init mode is a blue screen with a black moto logo.
    My phone is from ATT, and I tried to reflash the ver 1.37 which is in the first post of this topic, but I got the error message "Failed flashing process. (0x7100)" Could you please tell me is there any others way to reflash?

Hmm, I checked at this was all I could find: "I have a canadian backflip but, there are no SBFs or anything."

Am I screwed?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links