Restoring Your Backflip Back to OEM (NAND Re-Flash)

This is a discussion on Restoring Your Backflip Back to OEM (NAND Re-Flash) within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by cyber2804 My phone is from ATT, and I tried to reflash the ver 1.37 which is in the first post of this ...

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Restoring Your Backflip Back to OEM (NAND Re-Flash)

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber2804 View Post
    My phone is from ATT, and I tried to reflash the ver 1.37 which is in the first post of this topic, but I got the error message "Failed flashing process. (0x7100)" Could you please tell me is there any others way to reflash?
    Sorry, there are no other ways to reflash. Has this happened more than once? Can you still get to the bootloader? And if so, what version of Windows and RSD Lite are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Icemaz View Post
    Hmm, I checked at this was all I could find: "I have a canadian backflip but, there are no SBFs or anything."

Am I screwed?
    Have you seen this thread? I know there's no ROM listed, and there doesn't seem to be one for the Telus Branded Backflip, but maybe if that thread were dredged back up, then someone could do a ROM dump after factory resetting their handset.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Sorry, there are no other ways to reflash. Has this happened more than once? Can you still get to the bootloader? And if so, what version of Windows and RSD Lite are you using?
    Im using Win7 and RSD lite 4.5.7, and a good news is I can still get to the bootloader, and I had re-flash again the ver 1.37, now my phone is back. Thanks for your concern.

Thanks for the tutorial! Works GREAT!

After playing with the first custom 2.1 ROM for the Backflip, I don't think I ever want to go back to OEM :D

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by broggyr View Post
    After playing with the first custom 2.1 ROM for the Backflip, I don't think I ever want to go back to OEM :D
    LOL! That's what I'm reading so far... But in the past 2 days, I've called AT&T and am getting my Backflip replaced with an Aria. So, I'll still look over this thread and keep the links and software up-to-date, but I won't have my Backflip anymore.

JIC anyone was wondering, my Backflip was shutting off after closing the KB, so I called and complained..

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    JIC anyone was wondering, my Backflip was shutting off after closing the KB, so I called and complained..
    Thats actually normal. It happens to me as well, not all the times, but people have found sticking a piece of paper between the battery and the back cover helped. It shouldnt be normal, but sadly it is.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    Thats actually normal. It happens to me as well, not all the times, but people have found sticking a piece of paper between the battery and the back cover helped. It shouldnt be normal, but sadly it is.
    I had read that in several places, and I agree it shouldn't be normal...LOL. The AT&T rep said it was "possessed". LMFAO.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Would you guys or anyone here like a video on this topic before I part with my backflip? Restoring, Rooting, recovery bootloader installation...

i have it to the blue screen and it says Bootloader usb int but in the rsb i select the file and shows my phone connected but the start buttons still grey. plz help. lmk if u need pics

ok now the start shows up but when i push it in start it show this

and when in recovery it shows this

it happend when i tried to go to 2.1 beta. i did rename all the things to shorter names

Hello, new to this process and am having a couple issues. I am interested in rooting the phone but am making sure I can restore to factory before I attempt a root.

First the process of J+D+Power after plugging in the USB cable... When I plug in my USB cable the phone automatically turns on not allowing for the above process. I have found a workaround by simply shutting down the phone and holding the J+D as it auto starts.

Second the Bootloader USB Init screen does come up following the above workaround but it just stays there. The MotoConnect is up and running but nothing further happens. I think I'm missing something here.... please help.

EDIT:: I also am having issues with the phone being recognized by the Motorola RSD app. Maybe the issues are related.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links