Restoring Your Backflip Back to OEM (NAND Re-Flash)

This is a discussion on Restoring Your Backflip Back to OEM (NAND Re-Flash) within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; It restored every thing that came stock with it, however you had it setup in blur. All phone settings back to stock, anything added (apps) ...

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Restoring Your Backflip Back to OEM (NAND Re-Flash)

It restored every thing that came stock with it, however you had it setup in blur.
    All phone settings back to stock, anything added (apps) or phone settings are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMurango View Post
    Using broggyr's tip, I was also able to flash!
    Hi, please give me adivce here: I have the same problem as you - trying to flash with RSD 4.5.7 and getting "failed flashing process" and switching between RSD versions is not helping. Please, tell me how you did it! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by a_hadada View Post
    Hi, please give me adivce here: I have the same problem as you - trying to flash with RSD 4.5.7 and getting "failed flashing process" and switching between RSD versions is not helping. Please, tell me how you did it! Thank you!
    Try upgrading RSDLite to 4.8

does this process work with a custom recovery image?

Quote Originally Posted by zerzat View Post
    does this process work with a custom recovery image?
    If it is an sbf file, then yes, but if you just have an update.zip or rom.zip then I dont think so.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    If it is an sbf file, then yes, but if you just have an update.zip or rom.zip then I dont think so.
    I used j_r0dd's custom recovery image

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    What's the process for creating an .sbf file (after cracking root that is) ? This is my first time into root territory and I want to make backups of everything. (and no, I'm not wiping my phone just to install a backup program, until I've backed up my phone)

Can I do a "cp /dev/someDev /sdcard/backup.sbf.gz" or something?

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    What's the process for creating an .sbf file (after cracking root that is) ? This is my first time into root territory and I want to make backups of everything. (and no, I'm not wiping my phone just to install a backup program, until I've backed up my phone)

Can I do a "cp /dev/someDev /sdcard/backup.sbf.gz" or something?
    No, you cannot. In order to do a proper backup, you need root access. Then install a custom recovery image (there are currently 2 I know of, j_r0dd's recovery and a Clockwork recovery is now available as well) and perform a Nandroid backup. There are paid apps available that do not require root, but can only backup a small portion of information as without root access you do not have access to the /data/ folder where all of your apps and data are stored.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    No, you cannot. In order to do a proper backup, you need root access. Then install a custom recovery image (there are currently 2 I know of, j_r0dd's recovery and a Clockwork recovery is now available as well) and perform a Nandroid backup. There are paid apps available that do not require root, but can only backup a small portion of information as without root access you do not have access to the /data/ folder where all of your apps and data are stored.
    Umm, ok. I did find and follow the instructions here and got a recovery.img, root.img, and system.img file. I'm guessing that at least a couple of these can be used to restore my phone as long as it is still working, but they're not in the expected file format for RSD to flash to a dead phone...

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    Umm, ok. I did find and follow the instructions here and got a recovery.img, root.img, and system.img file. I'm guessing that at least a couple of these can be used to restore my phone as long as it is still working, but they're not in the expected file format for RSD to flash to a dead phone...
    Correct. RSDLite expects an SBF package. Unless you're using Linux, you won't be able to compile a new image though.

I'm reading your posts and I'm not exactly sure I get what you're trying to do... normal users, and even power users don't ever need to make SBF images. Normal users just have to install the recovery.img that j_rodd or clockwork puts out, and make a nandroid backup FROM the recovery.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links