Restore Backups after Root and Reset!

This is a discussion on Restore Backups after Root and Reset! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Ok So my backflip has been rooted and I backed up everything using Titanium Backup. So I wanted to do a factory reset on my ...

Thread: Restore Backups after Root and Reset!

Restore Backups after Root and Reset!

Ok So my backflip has been rooted and I backed up everything using Titanium Backup. So I wanted to do a factory reset on my phone and just restore everthing I backed up...so after I did the factory reset I still have root on my phone and I pulled Titanium Backup on my phone and I tried running the "Restore missing apps + all system data" and I keep getting a popup that says "Security Warning: This application comes from an unknown source, and for your security only applications from trusted sources can be installed." This is preventing my phone from restoring anything that wasn't already on the phone, including apps that I got from the android market. Pls help, i'm beginning to feel like I made a big mistake...pls tell me there is a way to restore all my apps and data!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

im guessing from the dialog box T-Backup gave that you need to root and flash this update.zip allowing you to install from untrusted sources.
    I assume you've installed j_r0dds recovery img.

[MOD] Install non-market apps

Quote Originally Posted by lexicon View Post
    im guessing from the dialog box T-Backup gave that you need to root and flash this update.zip allowing you to install from untrusted sources.
    I assume you've installed j_r0dds recovery img.

[MOD] Install non-market apps

Uh, No i havent done the j_r0dds thing...could you explain please cuz i'm at a loss for what to do....my friend rooted my phone for me so i'm not sure if that was installed or not...i just want my apps back

Oh boy.

Well the first thing you need to do is discern whether or not you have retained root with whatever method you used go back to stock.

Step 1: Download Better Terminal Emulator or ConnectBot from the market.

Step 2: Open BTE or CB and get yourself to a command line. You should be faced with a prompt: $ Type 'su' (no quotes) then press enter.

If you receive a Permission denied error, you are boned. You have 2 options get your friend to root your phone again or try to do it yourself. (I recommend trying yourself and learning for the even that you need to do this again. If you do try yourself read all of the instructions available carefully.)
    [ROOT] All versions of Backflip

Now if you receive no error (you might be prompted by su to allow this action tell it to allow it) your $ prompt should change to a #. Congrats you still have root and life is easy.

Step 3: Install jr0dd's recovery image: [RECOVERY] j_r0dd-mb300-v1.7.4.1 (8.27.10)

Again read the instructions thoroughly.

If all has gone well so far you are in the butter zone, follow the link posted above by lexicon and follow those instructions. (These ones are easy but still pay attention.)

Once the install of the *.zip has gone according to plan, go to: Settings -> Applications check the Unknown sources check box and have fun reinstalling all of the apps that you have backed up.

/phew

IN THE BUTTERZONE MY FRIEND! Thanks for your help! My phone was rooted properly...I just had no idea what I was doing lol

The link to download the image is no longer working? Anyone know of a good link?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nappent View Post
    The link to download the image is no longer working? Anyone know of a good link?
    I have a DropBox link to Jrodd's Recovery image here. MediaFire seems to be experiencing some rather large issues or is having an unusually long site maintenance time.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links