help please

This is a discussion on help please within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hmm since when does AT&T block PDAnet? I got PDAnet off the Android market, and I have AT&T, and I did NOT have marketaccess or ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help please

Hmm since when does AT&T block PDAnet? I got PDAnet off the Android market, and I have AT&T, and I did NOT have marketaccess or anything special for the market installed

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer View Post
    Hmm since when does AT&T block PDAnet? I got PDAnet off the Android market, and I have AT&T, and I did NOT have marketaccess or anything special for the market installed
    Since I have had a BackFlip....

Name:  PdaNet.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  6.4 KB

I must have just gotten it before they blocked it then. Ive had my backflip for a few months and been using PDAnet nearly the entire time, and besides, if you cant get it from the market, the PC installer has the option to install PDAnet on your phone.

thx

thx guys for your help i guess i will wait for wifi tethering

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer View Post
    I must have just gotten it before they blocked it then. Ive had my backflip for a few months and been using PDAnet nearly the entire time, and besides, if you cant get it from the market, the PC installer has the option to install PDAnet on your phone.
    Thats wierd.. Did you by chance have your SIM card out and were using WiFi maybe?? It shows up then but otherwise on AT&T pretty sure its been blocked since day 1. I myself used the PC installer months ago to get it when I couldnt find it in the market..

Nope, I never even knew I could remove the SIM and use wifi for the market until a couple weeks ago. Maybe I just got lucky and got to it just before they blocked it? lol

It should be noted that MarketAccess will only work with an unmodified post-r00ting su setup. I was tinkering around and I deleted /system/xbin/su and replaced it with a busybox version at /system/bin/su, and after that, MarketAccess wouldn't work (as it requires root) - it would just sit there at "Applying changes 1/10" and do nothing. I'm guessing that the stock /system/bin/su binary is required. And by "stock" I mean whatever su your r00ting method installed, of course. Before going in and messing with it like I did.

--W5i2

**EDIT**: I just determined that if you set a password for root then it will break some things. To remove the root password, get into a root shell and run this: passwd -d root and it should fix it.

Wink

what is max on overclock can i set on backflip

thank guys

Quote Originally Posted by idk124dk View Post
    what is max on overclock can i set on backflip

thank guys
    As far as I know, you can go to 528 via the Overclock Widget. How are you overclocking yours?

Sent from my ROOTED MB300 via Tapatalk Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by broggyr View Post
    As far as I know, you can go to 528 via the Overclock Widget. How are you overclocking yours?

Sent from my ROOTED MB300 via Tapatalk Pro.
    i didnt yet just to be sure i didnt blow up my phone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links