help please

This is a discussion on help please within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; i need help how to root i just dont get it srry for being a noob can someone help me figure it out...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help please

help please

i need help how to root i just dont get it srry for being a noob can someone help me figure it out

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by idk124dk View Post
    i need help how to root i just dont get it srry for being a noob can someone help me figure it out
    Best Instructions out there...
    Look at the 3rd posting.

http://www.attdroids.com/forum/motor...ip-root-2.html

Feel Free to ask questions... I would suggest you do it on that thread I have given you. To keep the cross posting down.

Dave.

If you need additional help, PM me and ill help you get rooted

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Backflip via Tapatalk Pro

got it rooted thx you one more question how do i get wireless tether to work

Quote Originally Posted by idk124dk View Post
    got it rooted thx you one more question how do i get wireless tether to work

Here is a list of what I found using search here and with Google.

http://www.attdroids.com/forum/android-apps/133-tethering-pdanet.html
    Tethering
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/131027

I myself have PDANet installed on my backflip and I put the Drivers for windows and Mac on the SD card. The downside is you have to hook up with USB.

The smart people over at m3 Motorola Backflip/Motus are working on a port of 2.1 android and 2.2 android (From what I hear) so you can teather with Wifi.

The Simple Trick to getting PdaNet loaded is to Hook your phone to your home Wifi Trun it off remove the sim card (Thus un branding the phone) this will open the full market up then you can search for PdaNet and install it. However if you have root you can simply download if by pointing your phone's browser to here PdaNet with SMS Agent - Android app on AppBrain you will have to get a login for AppBrain.

You should spend some time reading this and M3 ( Motorola Backflip/Motus ) forums many of these questions have been answered.

Dave.

Here's another way to have full uncensored access to the Market: MarketAccess APK

Quote Originally Posted by weasel5i2 View Post
    Here's another way to have full uncensored access to the Market: MarketAccess APK
    Tell me the trick I tried that one and one other and they don't seem to work.

I can say market access works. It took me a minute to figure it put, there's no visual difference, but you'll see sometimes while searching apps, the screen says no results, but the bar above will have a number in it. Once you get full access, you'll see the apis that the number shows.

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Backflip via Tapatalk Pro

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    WiFi tether requires a custom kernel for WiFi share to work. Someone would have to recompile a custom kernel with a modified WiFi driver. It requires Netfilter and IP Tables to be added.

Quote Originally Posted by iTylerA View Post
    I can say market access works. It took me a minute to figure it put, there's no visual difference, but you'll see sometimes while searching apps, the screen says no results, but the bar above will have a number in it. Once you get full access, you'll see the apis that the number shows.
    Still no Idea what that means.. With this app running try and search for PDAnet does it show up? It should if the app is "Simulating" another marketplace. If I pull my At&t sim card and do a search on the Market it shows up no problem. My guess is that this does not work on the back-flip.

Dave.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links