Network Unlock PIN?

This is a discussion on Network Unlock PIN? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hi! I purchased a Backflip from eBay which is supposedly unlocked. But when I got it, it wasn't. I've been using it as a netbook ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Network Unlock PIN?

Network Unlock PIN?

Hi! I purchased a Backflip from eBay which is supposedly unlocked. But when I got it, it wasn't.

I've been using it as a netbook for weeks now until I decided to get it unlocked.

So I purchased a code from an online Unlocking site and got hosed. I tried with another site and the same thing happened.

What's worse is that when I went to file a claim with PayPal, they closed my case and said that intangibles were not part of its Protection Policy.

So I'm out $20 right now and my phone is still locked.

Are there any AT&T subscribers here who can call AT&T and help me get the unlock code for my phone please?

I'd really appreciate the help...

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Strangely enough, I'm having a bit of an unlock problem as well. Last night I purchased from a reputable seller on ebay, it even had backflip listed in the title. I paid all of $2.00, but noticed the same company had the same auction/BIN for $20.00 or so also. Got an email later saying it wasn't listed in the Instant HTC Manufacturer Database, but for $24.00 they could get in manually. They refunded me, but still it's annoying and feels very scam-like. I'm not sure, but I wouldn't expect my motorola device to be listed in an HTC database anyway? Weird.

Anyway, I did some research and found that AT&T can't release the unlock codes until....Sept 7th. That's tomorrow, so I'll post back and let you know how that goes. Not looking forward to dealing with them on this, but maybe I'll get a good rep and it will be painless.

Funny thing, I've been having the same problems, but I planned on giving AT&T a ring tomorrow and see what kind of luck I have

I paid $10 to 2 different unlockers. They gave me wrong codes which I tried numerous times as per their instructions. Now I only have 2 attempts remaining so I don't want to waste them. I need a 100% working code or I'm screwed.

Unfortunately, I can't call AT&T as I am not in the US. If either of you have any luck, maybe you can help me get my unlock code from them as well.

I'll PM you my IMEI if you decide to help me...

Thanks!

I can call them up

I'm an AT&T subscriber...

Just let me know, I'm not willing to do it for free but I will get you the codes.

Here's my number
    407-403-2558

or

justinxtreme@live.com

I'm only allowed to unlock two devices per year but I don't need those two unlocks. I might as well just sell them.

$20 for each unlock

Quote Originally Posted by justinxtreme View Post

I'm only allowed to unlock two devices per year
    is this something that everyone has? and if so, is there any documentation so that I have something to use just in case my going overseas isn't enough to get them to dish me the code?

Quote Originally Posted by cookw24 View Post
    is this something that everyone has? and if so, is there any documentation so that I have something to use just in case my going overseas isn't enough to get them to dish me the code?
    I actually just heard about the limit. It was on the internet a few months ago when AT&T agreed to unlock any phone (excluding the iPhone) to settle some small lawsuit. But they also placed a two-devices per year limit.

Just got off the phone with AT&T, they handed the code over with no questions asked. No mention of a limit cap, but I wasn't probing.

(remember to have IMEI on hand)

Nice! Can't wait for mine from Justin...

You can read the statement for the settlement here. Basically though it means that

WHAT DOES THE SETTLEMENT PROVIDE?

AT&T Mobility agrees to give to its eligible AT&T Wireless, Cingular and AT&T Mobility current and former customers, upon request and where available, odes that unlock AT&T Wireless, Cingular and AT&T Mobility handsets other than (i) the Apple iPhone; or (ii) any handset that AT&T Mobility introduces or has introduced for sale pursuant to a contract with a handset manufacturer that provides for an exclusivity period of ten (10) months or longer (“AT&T Handset”). Unlock codes for AT&T Handsets will be provided to eligible postpaid customers who have completed a minimum of ninety (90) days of active service with AT&T Wireless, Cingular or AT&T Mobility and who are in good standing and current in their payments at the time of the request. For AT&T Handsets for which AT&T Mobility has an exclusive sales arrangement with a manufacturer of less than 10 months, the period of exclusivity associated with that sale must have expired before an unlocking code can be obtained. AT&T Mobility will provide unlocking codes for AT&T Handsets upon request to eligible prepaid subscribers who provide a detailed receipt or other proof of purchase of the handset. Customers may request five unlock codes per year.

Meaning:
    Excludes the iPhone (all versions) and any other phone for which ATT has an exclusivity agreement with the manufacturer. If exclusivity period for phone is less than 10months, exclusivity period must be expired before unlock code will be granted.

Postpaid customers must be in good standing and have owned the phone for more than 90 days.
    Prepaid customers must provide a detailed receipt or proof of purchase of the handset

Customers may request up to 5 unlock codes per year not 2 as stated above.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans @ www.ee0r.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads