Removing or replacing Bootanimation

This is a discussion on Removing or replacing Bootanimation within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; hey gomer, your framework res file won't unarchive for me. It doesnt work in UnRarX or two different versions of 7zip. Can you try reuploading ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Removing or replacing Bootanimation

hey gomer, your framework res file won't unarchive for me. It doesnt work in UnRarX or two different versions of 7zip. Can you try reuploading it, or maybe it wasn't correctly compressed? It doesnt recognize it as an archive despite the .rar extension.

"Extracting /Users/worr4life707/Desktop/framework-res.apk  99%
    framework-res.apk - CRC failed
    Unexpected end of archive
    Total errors: 2"

Try this one instead:

framework-res.apk

I reuploaded it uncompressed to mediafire for a dif thread

thanks gomer, that worked perfect. your boot screen is right up my alley.

Awesome =] Glad you like it

I fixed the problem

posted by KennyPC
    worked great for me after i bricked my fone at least once.. had trouble with the remount (or finding/using the manual mount command). couldn't get anything to where i could push or copy the framework-res.apk to the /system/framework folder.. then stumbled across the use of the cat command from the terminal emulator to copy the framework-res.apk file from my sdcard to the system/framework folder. no prob after that. (have to pay attention to the reports/errors when you copy files from the adb shell or gui utility on the desktop and make sure it actually reported a successful copy of the file).

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

is what i used from the terminal emulator on my fone so i could have read/write access to the framework folder.. i did back up the original framework-res.apk file with a gui, but i removed the file using the

rm /system/framework/framework-res.apk

command to removed the file and insure that to corruption, mistake or addition happend in the copy process.. then used the cat command:

cat /sdcard/framework-res.apk >/system/framework/framework-res.apk

*cross posted here and androidforums.com*
    Dont flog me for not having att but those with motoblur phones need to stick together!

ive kinda bricked my phone for now and i hope that its fixable!

Ill let you know what i was doing when this all happened.

I was trying to replace the default boot animation with the r2d2 animation. i originally just tried putting the bootanimation.zip in the system/media folder like on the Droid.

then i found that the boot animation for motoblur phones is located in system\framework\framework-res\assets\image

Removing or replacing Bootanimation

I tweaked the framework apk and put in a few test images then went to go replace the stock one that was in the framework folder. Apparently there was not enough room and instead of just stopping the copy process it seemed that root explorer deleted the original apk without replacing it with the new one. I forgot that my original bootanimation.zip was still in the system/media folder so i didnt have enough room to copy the new file to the framework folder.

afterwards root explorer force closed and and wouldnt let me reopen it. then the system seemed to keep looping force close errors and i tried to reset the phone. Once i reset the phone is now stuck at the white M bootscreen.

If i am able to fix this im pretty sure ill be able to get custom bootscreens on the devour the same way they did with the backflip in the link i posted.

any thoughts?
    and thanks for reading!

I discovered that /system/media/bootanimation.zip contains the second boot animation. If you have Preclair, this is the android-on-green screen that looks like a million beams of light radiating out from behind the android.. You know what I'm talking about.

I took the neato-skippy boot animation from CyanogenMod, the one with the ridiculous awesome coloured traily-dots all converging to the center of the screen, the cloverleaf-looking one.. You know what I'm talking about. But I took that bootanimation.zip and pushed it to my phone and the next time I rebooted, it worked! CM boot ani! Pretty cool.

So, just for the record, it is possible. We should snag the bootanimation.zip from all sorts of stock ROMs and start a Boot Animations Superthread

--W5i2

If you're on 2.1, the method we use doesn't seem to work anymore. Can anyone confirm this? I may have just done something wrong which is why it isn't working for me anymore...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links