Removing or replacing Bootanimation

This is a discussion on Removing or replacing Bootanimation within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Does anybody know where the bootanimation is stored? Now that we are rooted I'd like to play with replacing / removing it. I looked in ...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Removing or replacing Bootanimation

Removing or replacing Bootanimation

Does anybody know where the bootanimation is stored?

Now that we are rooted I'd like to play with replacing / removing it.

I looked in /data/local for a zip like it is on my Droid, but no luck with backflip.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nevermind!

Found it in system\framework\framework-res\assets\image for anyone who wants to know.

Just another little update. I duplicated and modified each of the ~30 motorola images in that folder to be the motorola logo without the "blur" part of the picture.

Now the phone turns on and shows the motorola logo for an extended period of time and then shows the desktop. I figured it was only proper to erase that after getting rid of all the bloatware .

I know with my droid, removing the bootani makes it boot faster, but I didn't time it on the backflip to find out for sure. Maybe someone can post the time that it takes for the motorola logo to appear, to when the lock screen appears and we can compare.

how exactly would one go about replacing those images? I would love to get rid of the att boot screen myself

Here is the framework-res.apk which has been pulled, modified, image optimized, zipped and retains system signature.

http://compywiz.com/android/framework-res.zip

Let me know if you need help pushing it to your phone, and if it works for anyone who tries. I attempted to make an update.zip, but not enough time to figure that out just yet.

Awesome. I think I got it figured out. I made the moto logo green for 1 frame just to test, and works great. Time to get busy in photoshop to design my own boot screen XD

Awesome! Glad we have someone capable of doing it. Let me know what you come up with or if you need help.

All I did was got the framework-res.apk from my phone, opened it with 7zip, extracted the image files, edited, then replaced the files. then pushed it back via adb. really simple and easy to do tbh. So far ive replaced the blur boot image, about to start making my replacement for the AT&T one. Ill post a video or something once Im done.

I've heard that on some phones, changing the bootanimation speeds up the booting process if you do it right.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

well I cant seem to find my camera lol

Soooo I made some animated Gifs to show the boot screens I made for my phone
    This 1st one is my replacement for the Motoblur screen. I realize it isnt perfect, but ill clean it up later:

Now this is the boot I made for android to replace that lame AT&T BS:

Both pretty basic, just figured I would show what I have on my phone at the moment

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links