Can't access USB Init mode

This is a discussion on Can't access USB Init mode within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by Beach_Head You don't really need the Terminal Emulator. It's just for convenience. Type the codes in via the adb shell any ou ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't access USB Init mode

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Head View Post
    You don't really need the Terminal Emulator. It's just for convenience. Type the codes in via the adb shell any ou should be fine...
    I tried that, but when I execute the rage bin, it kills the adb shell session and never display the confirmation that it is rooted. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't actually give me the # prompt.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Head View Post
    You don't really need the Terminal Emulator. It's just for convenience. Type the codes in via the adb shell any ou should be fine...
    You were right! Out of frustration, I tried running the code three times in a row, on the third time, it worked. I got root! Going to flash the recovery rom now.

While the phone has been rooted, it looks like I cannot get out of safe mode without restoring the phone to it's original state. The only way to do that is to use RSD Lite, and the only way to access that, is to get into the USB Init mode.

I've changed the recovery screen to another one, which is slightly more useful, but I still cannot access USB Init mode. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    What radio version are you running? Settings-->About Phone-->Baseband Version

Edit: One more question... when you get into Android in safe mode are you able to use the "Menu" capacitive/keyboard button? You get into safe mode by holding the menu key while booting, and it would stand to reason that's why you can't get into the bootloader. If the menu button is stuck you wouldn't be just pressing J+D+Power, you'd be pressing Menu+J+D+Power. The menu button being stuck would also be why you can't get out of "Safe Mode".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links