Can't access USB Init mode

This is a discussion on Can't access USB Init mode within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Just got my Backflip in the mail from eBay, and I cannot get the damned thing into the bootloader mode. It arrived stuck in safe ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't access USB Init mode

Angry Can't access USB Init mode

Just got my Backflip in the mail from eBay, and I cannot get the damned thing into the bootloader mode. It arrived stuck in safe mode, so a restoration is in order before I root it. I turn it on, holding down the J+D keys, and... nothing happens. The J and D keys both work on their own (though the H key does not, though this seems to be a common occurrence in safe mode) and holding down the camera button works, but no dice on the USB Init mode. I don't know enough about the Backflip yet to check for the version numbers, but no one else has seemed to have a problem, so I don't know where to begin.

Suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    J+D+Power from an off state. You hold them till you see a blue screen with the black moto batwings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    J+D+Power from an off state. You hold them till you see a blue screen with the black moto batwings.
    Tried that like a dozen times. I followed the video posted on YouTube ( ) so I know that I am doing it right. Hell, I can even make a video of me failing. But, it still doesn't work, and I don't know why.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    If you can't get into the Moto Bootloader, send your phone back ASAP. You have a dud. Can you get into android AT ALL?

If you can't get into the Moto Bootloader, send your phone back ASAP. Can you get into android AT ALL?
    The phone itself seems to work, however it's stuck in Safe Mode. I don't know what happened to the phone before I bought it from eBay, but I had heard that the most common cause of it being stuck in Safe Mode was the removal of a critical app. The only other trick I've tried is holding down the camera button, which works fine, but does nothing.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Well, hmm. IDK. If it boots, the bootloader should be there. IDK why it's not coming up for you. Reguardless of model variation, the J+D+Power should work. Once in safemode are you able to get an ADB connection to the phone?

Once in safemode are you able to get an ADB connection to the phone?
    I've used the one-touch root on my brother's Droid X, so I've used the ADB, but I don't know how to get it working on the Backflip without the bootloader. Can you refer me to a guide that I can try?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    If you have your phone on, and you have the android SDK downloaded, just go into the settings to application settings --> Development Settings, and set the phone to USB debug mode, so that when you connect it to the computer, ADB will be able to query the phone.

Once in safemode are you able to get an ADB connection to the phone?
    I re-read the directions on rooting the phone, and I don't need to access the bootloader using J+D+Power. I am able to see the phone in adb devices, and I can push it the files. However, I cannot install a terminal emulator to run the files, presumably because the phone is still in safe mode.

You don't really need the Terminal Emulator. It's just for convenience. Type the codes in via the adb shell any ou should be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by HiImDannyGanz View Post
    I re-read the directions on rooting the phone, and I don't need to access the bootloader using J+D+Power. I am able to see the phone in adb devices, and I can push it the files. However, I cannot install a terminal emulator to run the files, presumably because the phone is still in safe mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links