Help With Google Apps

This is a discussion on Help With Google Apps within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hi! Can someone please upload the following files for me. I can't seem to download them in the App Market and I need them for ...

Thread: Help With Google Apps

Help With Google Apps

Hi! Can someone please upload the following files for me. I can't seem to download them in the App Market and I need them for something I'm trying out on the Backflip...

Here they are:

Google Buzz widget v1.01 - Google Buzz widget - Android app on AppBrain
    Street View on Google Maps v1.6.0.6 - Street View on Google Maps - Android app on AppBrain
    Google Search v1.1.1.53565 - Google Search - Android app on AppBrain

Thank you!

Edit: Just in case you don't know how to extract them after you've installed them, do this:
    1. Run Root Explorer
    2. Go to /data/apps/
    3. Look for the apks, select them, and then copy them
    4. Paste them in /sdcard/

That's it. The apk files are now in your SD Card. Just transfer them to your PC, zip them up and upload them here...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm suspecting the reason you can't find them in the Market is because they are not supported on Android 1.5. I know this to be the case with Google Buzz and the Google Search. I suspect it is the case for Street View also, but don't have my phone in front of me to check.

Remember Appbrain only filters Android 1.6 and above. So even if an app only works on Android 1.6+ (meaning it doesn't work with Android 1.5) it will still show "works on all versions of Android". The best you can do is filter it for apps that only work on Android 1.6 and then just hope that the remaining apps will actually be available for the Backflip (though this is only true until we can get our upgrade).
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Streetview is installed on the Backflip. The one I posted was the latest version.

For Google Search, I would like to decompile it and compare it with the one on the Backflip to see if I can find what Motorola modified, if any.

As for Google Buzz, I'm interested in the skin...

I know most have you a second Android device aside from the Backflip so any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Still looking for these files...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links