Backflip ROOT question...

This is a discussion on Backflip ROOT question... within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I don't know if someone tried this or not, but who's to say we can't use Droid Explorer and place the necessary root files on ...

Thread: Backflip ROOT question...

Backflip ROOT question...

I don't know if someone tried this or not, but who's to say we can't use Droid Explorer and place the necessary root files on the device, rather than having to push them and so forth? I don't see why it couldn't be done that way, but what do you all think?
    Ignorantia Juris Neminem Excusat! - Ignorance of the law excuses no one!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sure, you can do it.
    I personally think adb is more straightforward and less cumbersome but whatever gets the files in the right places should work fine.

droid explorer (for windows) is the suck on my system. its service is always running and irregularly opening adb processes for me and doesn't close itself or the adb processes it opens and as a result interferes at times with pdanet/rsdlite and so on. I don't like apps that aren't smart enough to close their own processes. If I run adb, I kill adb when I'm done. It would nice if the user friend gui software would do the same thing for me..

I find android commander to be reasonably reliable compared to droid explorer, though I'd rather use adb.

Droid Explorer runs as a service. It also runs adb as a service (which I do agree can be annoying at times) so that it can do it's work. DE is really just a front-end for the developer tools.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

so droid explorer is just good for people that want to use droid explorer and no other android based utils from their computer unless they enjoy the tediousness of killing droid explorer's processes so that other apps can be used (which defeats the purpose of a user friendly gui to a shell front end if you have to do tasks like killing processes in task manager when you were too lazy to use adb in the first place).

Thanks for the added insight about droid explorer running adb as a service, jmgib.. Might have saved me some frustration and not tipped the scales towards me doing a fresh windows install (been running on this one for 6 months anyway) to eliminate my intermittant connection problems with my backflip. =P (doesn't cause me probs now that I've known to kills its service in the background, but now I know its just smarter to remove the damn thing). Thanks again! =)

Maybe I'm just loosing my mind, But where would you put all the files? I dont mind using ADB to push the files, just thought this might be a quicker way to root the phone is all.
    Nate
    Ignorantia Juris Neminem Excusat! - Ignorance of the law excuses no one!

i think its funner typing repetitive commands over and over because it improves my typing skills..

[ROOT] All versions of Backflip

- adb push c:\Moto_MSM_Root\Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
    - adb push c:\Moto_MSM_Root\su /sdcard/su
    - adb push c:\Moto_MSM_Root\rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    - adb push c:\Moto_MSM_Root\install-root.sh /data/local/tmp/install-root.sh

thats only 4 files and the adb push commands in the instructions in the thread provided tell the files where to go.. <shrug>

you can try it over and over again because you sdcard goes untouched and you can always re install your programs.

takes about 5 mins to re-wipe your fone.

takes about 5 to complete the rooting process, maybe less with practice.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links