Problem with boot animation

This is a discussion on Problem with boot animation within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I have done everything correctly. I used the Ryu boot animation, and just overwrote all the image files with mine, and I pushed it to ...

Thread: Problem with boot animation

Problem with boot animation

I have done everything correctly. I used the Ryu boot animation, and just overwrote all the image files with mine, and I pushed it to the system. I reboot and it sticks at the white screen with the Motorola logo and stays there.

Fearing I had bricked my phone, I quickly replaced my framework-res with the original Ryu framework and it worked fine. Odd, because I did nothing but overwrite the images.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

worked great for me after i bricked my fone at least once.. had trouble with the remount (or finding/using the manual mount command). couldn't get anything to where i could push or copy the framework-res.apk to the /system/framework folder.. then stumbled across the use of the cat command from the terminal emulator to copy the framework-res.apk file from my sdcard to the system/framework folder. no prob after that. (have to pay attention to the reports/errors when you copy files from the adb shell or gui utility on the desktop and make sure it actually reported a successful copy of the file).

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

is what i used from the terminal emulator on my fone so i could have read/write access to the framework folder.. i did back up the original framework-res.apk file with a gui, but i removed the file using the

rm /system/framework/framework-res.apk

command to removed the file and insure that no corruption, mistake or addition happend in the copy process.. then used the cat command:

cat /sdcard/framework-res.apk >/system/framework/framework-res.apk

I'm not sure if thats all elementary, but it took alot of googling to glean those commands and put 'em in the right order to use, for someone thats not a regular linux shell user (got ubuntu now, but its not like the slackware days where I compiled all my own programs and kernel.. point/click).

i just reflashed my fone back to 13.37 with rsdlite when i repeatedly messed up the mounting and couldn't figure how to copy/replace the file i deleted, and the fone won't boot without that file (white screen).

my 2 cents..

Well I was able to get it to work again, I'm just not able to use my boot animation for some reason.

Post images. Zip them up and I will take at look them.

THANK YOU SO MUCH KENNY PC THANK YOU i am able to replace my framework-res.apk using your cat command

In my case, it went foobar because the replacement images were so large compared to the boring Moto/AT&T images. I ended up having to compress them at PunyPNG - PNG Compression and Image Optimization - Gracepoint After Five in order to make it fit, after which it worked fine. I also downloaded CacheCleaner and freed up 8 more megs of system space

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links