Security Permissions....

This is a discussion on Security Permissions.... within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Is There any way possible to set the security permissions on the device, without ripping through all the coding? I've been looking through the security ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security Permissions....

Security Permissions....

Is There any way possible to set the security permissions on the device, without ripping through all the coding? I've been looking through the security file on the backflip, and I really dont want to have to go through all the lines of code, just to re-do the device security permissions...

I'm just curious since I can't install the two .apk files on my SD card at the moment...The life when ya dont bring the right USB Cable to work LOL!
    Nate
    Ignorantia Juris Neminem Excusat! - Ignorance of the law excuses no one!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

What are you trying to install?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans @ www.ee0r.com

no luck without root in the first place. with root you could use adb over wireless using an app from the market.
    if you don't have access to your sdcard due to lack of cable, without a memory card reader built in your computer (or usb reader) you're sol. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    What are you trying to install?
    Swype and some other application, Forgot which one LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by KennyPC View Post
    no luck without root in the first place. with root you could use adb over wireless using an app from the market.
    if you don't have access to your sdcard due to lack of cable, without a memory card reader built in your computer (or usb reader) you're sol. I could be wrong.

Mine is Rooted - No Luck without the Cable LOL!

then goto market and download "adb over wireless" and try it out. you can use adb without the cable by typing

adb connect iport

with the use of this app.. of course I haven't been able to connect with it yet, let alone get it to reliably start.. =P

There is a mod over at M3 (ModMyMobile.com) that will allow you to install APK files straight from your device (this is required for Swype if you have the official beta, you can't install the official Swype beta from the computer). Just go here: [MOD] Install non-market apps . If you don't have it already, you'll also need j_r0dd's custom recovery, which you can find here: [RECOVERY] j_r0dd-mb300-v1.7.4.1 (8.27.10) . Once you have custom recovery installed and you have made a NANDroid backup, simply download the zip file from the first post, place it on your SD Card, and then reboot into recovery (hold camera button while turning on phone, release it when told, then press (I believe) the Volume Down button). Find the option to apply an update from your SD card, and select the file you downloaded, and let it work its magic. When it has been applied simply reboot the phone and you should be able to install any APK file straight from your phone, no cable or adb required.

Quote Originally Posted by maciel310 View Post
    There is a mod over at M3 (ModMyMobile.com) that will allow you to install APK files straight from your device (this is required for Swype if you have the official beta, you can't install the official Swype beta from the computer). Just go here: [MOD] Install non-market apps . If you don't have it already, you'll also need j_r0dd's custom recovery, which you can find here: [RECOVERY] j_r0dd-mb300-v1.7.4.1 (8.27.10) . Once you have custom recovery installed and you have made a NANDroid backup, simply download the zip file from the first post, place it on your SD Card, and then reboot into recovery (hold camera button while turning on phone, release it when told, then press (I believe) the Volume Down button). Find the option to apply an update from your SD card, and select the file you downloaded, and let it work its magic. When it has been applied simply reboot the phone and you should be able to install any APK file straight from your phone, no cable or adb required.
    I'll try it that way...I ran it through and Installed it with Droid Explorer, and it has to download the install package...That's Where At&T has a fit, and wont let it install...Go Figure!

Currenty, Through Swype, There is NO available way to get the installer to install on the phone because of the security permission settings on the Device. I'll be looking at coding when I get home to see if I can fix the problem...Hopefully, I Can!
    Nate

i have swype on my backflip... you need to flash the signed nonmarket hax zip over at m3 to enable nonmarket downloads but once you do that it works pretty well

Someone has already figured out exactly what needs to be done to enable that permission, and has packed it up in the zip file that I linked you to earlier. No need to go and figure it out all over again (though it can be fun, I know).

And yeah, that is what I was referring to with Swype. You can get the first installer on there, but the second step where it actually installs the Swype keyboard is where the issue is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads