Rooted - Now What?

This is a discussion on Rooted - Now What? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; We have root! Finally! So I am all rooted up now as I have now been able to actually remove the bloatware from ATT so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooted - Now What?

Rooted - Now What?

We have root! Finally! So I am all rooted up now as I have now been able to actually remove the bloatware from ATT so I am satisfied the root took place.

Problem is, how can I install apps from the SD card? I have managed to do a back up and restore from Titanium Backup but I have tried App Monster Free and cant install apps. I get the typical non trusted source message. I removed the
    AttDrmContent.apk
    AttDrmContent.odex
    Files thinking these were the culprit. I was wrong because I still cant install via app monster. Maybe its because its the free version of App Monster?

Also, I realize we have no custom roms, fine by me, but I really want to get atleast 2.0 w/ Motoblur running on my backflip. It sounds possible but where would I get the files?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

if you check out the modmymobile forums all of your problems will be solved well sort of the rom will be without motoblur I think but that is comming later today

Take a look around the forum, I believe the non-market app fix has been posted here. Otherwise, it can be found over at M3.

Those DRM files you removed I believe is for playing ATT protected contact on your phone, or at least I suspect that is what they are for.

As to a custom ROM, I believe someone is working to try and port the kernel to 2.1 or 2.2 but isn't there yet.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

It's a 2.1 ROM he's working on and there's a chance that it will come out either today or tomorrow.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

i tweeted kernelzilla today and this is what he told me: still much to be done, I'll post more info this weekend

another user tweeted him asking if he could post a beta, and this was his response: when its ready

you can track his progress on his twitter account and here: kernelzilla's Profile - GitHub

(this is regarding CM6)

Oh. Well I've waited this long.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Can you givre me the link to the person who said that he might have 2.1 today? I want to follow the article a litle

Sent from my rooted backflip using Tapatalk

just head over to mod my mobile and look in the backflip rom section.... hes having a problem with 3g data at the moment. but it is the same guy that gave us the custom recovery so i have much faith in him

Quote Originally Posted by kschumake83 View Post
    just head over to mod my mobile and look in the backflip rom section.... hes having a problem with 3g data at the moment. but it is the same guy that gave us the custom recovery so i have much faith in him
    j_r0dd is one of the most trusted people in the android community, give him time, and he will do it.

[ROM] Preclair Beta1 yes this is 2.1! Apps2sd ++++++ - Page 4
    Yes hopefully it will be ready to go in the next day or two.

You can also find the market hack to enable installing apps right from your phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links