2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!!

This is a discussion on 2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; UPDATE!!! I figured it out tonight. Apps2SD is on by default on this ROM and since I can't mount an ext2 file system under windows ...

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!!

UPDATE!!!

I figured it out tonight. Apps2SD is on by default on this ROM and since I can't mount an ext2 file system under windows and didn't want to play with partimage I had to disable the Apps2SD which moved the apps back to the internal memory and reboot.

After the reboot all my apps appeared where they were supposed to and then I shut down and replaced the SD card with the new one again. Booted the j_r0dd recover and formatted the card again using defaults. Then I enabled the MS option to allow me to copy back my fat32 partition that I backed up earlier to windows.

Rebooted again and the phone came up just fine. Re-enabled Apps2SD, rebooted and seems to work fine. I had to place my applications back on the home page but other than that, I am back in business and with a bigger/faster SD card.
    Has anyone figured out how to upgrade to a larger SD card after going to 2.1? I formatted the card the same way I formated the orginal card before I applied the ROM and then copied all my fat32 data from my computer back to card while sill in j_r0dd's recovery using the MS option.

After doing that I go to boot and I get the boot loop. I put in my old SD card and it boots just fine? I know it created an extent 2 partition when formatting maybe there is some data there?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by RonV View Post
    I can't mount an ext2 file system under windows
    It is possible. There are a few programs capable of doing Ext2.
    Access to Ext2/Ext3 from Windows XP - I have it installed in Win 7 x64 and the app seems fine, but I havent got to test its functionality because my phone doesnt like ext2 for some reason.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Ext2 IFS For Windows

ext2ifs is a pretty safe bet, if anyone else still needs ext2 support for Windows.
    It's pretty solid, and integrates nicely. I have only try it up through Vista though...

Thanks guys, my primary utility PC is still running XP and I have been quite "shy" about using any installable file system since the last time I used a NFS IFS it corrupted my OS and had to restore from a backup.
    Motorola Backflip (MB300) 2.1 Motorola "Soak"

Is it safe to go in with Root Explorer and remove the Tabletop App after this update? When I use GoogleMaps Navigation and set the phone on my dashboard, tabletop kills it.

You can safely remove Tabletop. You then won't be able to use the desk clock option, but it looks like you don't want it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RonV View Post
    UPDATE!!!

I figured it out tonight. Apps2SD is on by default on this ROM and since I can't mount an ext2 file system under windows and didn't want to play with partimage I had to disable the Apps2SD which moved the apps back to the internal memory and reboot.

After the reboot all my apps appeared where they were supposed to and then I shut down and replaced the SD card with the new one again. Booted the j_r0dd recover and formatted the card again using defaults. Then I enabled the MS option to allow me to copy back my fat32 partition that I backed up earlier to windows.

Rebooted again and the phone came up just fine. Re-enabled Apps2SD, rebooted and seems to work fine. I had to place my applications back on the home page but other than that, I am back in business and with a bigger/faster SD card.
    Hmm is there another way you can explain this? I just got an 8GB card...and i'm having trouble moving everything over...

Quote Originally Posted by zmoney440 View Post
    If I've got beta 1, is flashing beta 3 gonna give me a fresh install, or will my settings and apps be retained?

Edit: I found the answer to my own question in the ROM's thread on M3 from when B2 released, if anyone else is wondering the same thing, everything on your phone is retained, it just updates the ROM when moving to a newer beta version.

Can I do this on my mac? Sorry, I'm kind of new to this whole backflip hacking and stuff. I can't even figure out how to install non market applications, even though I have read so many tutorials. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorolaBackflip View Post
    Can I do this on my mac? Sorry, I'm kind of new to this whole backflip hacking and stuff. I can't even figure out how to install non market applications, even though I have read so many tutorials. Please help.
    yes you can, i have a mac

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links