2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!!

This is a discussion on 2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by daz after you do adb shell try typing su then your phone should ask you to allow superuser to unknown i think..after ...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    after you do adb shell try typing su then your phone should ask you to allow superuser to unknown i think..after that you should get # in adb instead of $ ...once you are able to flash the rom you wont have to worry about this or installing his boot.img because it is already included.
    yeah i tried but i got into recovery menu and thought wth y not. now im stuck at boot screen. but i can get to recovery mode and the bootmode thing with the blue screen

daz
    you got into the j_r0dd recovery? sometimes it seems like it is stuck at boot but just taking a really long time lol had this happen twice yesterday with my girlfriends phone.

i was just wondering, if i installed this on my backflip, non rooted, would anything go wrong, or would it void the warrenty?

daz
    Quote Originally Posted by bubb View Post
    i was just wondering, if i installed this on my backflip, non rooted, would anything go wrong, or would it void the warrenty?
    pretty sure you cant install this on a non rooted bflip. you need access to the recovery menu and the only way to get that is rooting and installing j_r0dds recovery as of right now....the rooting process isnt as hard as it seems, as long as you follow the directions exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    did you try downloading it from your phone? if so it will not work. you have to download it on a computer and then push it to your sd card
    So I downloaded the files to my comp, then I just move them to my SD?

ok got my phone back on 1.5 again. i re rooted it, and put the 76XXc file on it. and had the zip thing on the sd. reboted hit wat would be the down arrow on normal. selected wipe and full fac reset. then selected flash from sd and the beta zip. ean it, said it was successful. did the reboot thing. then on the white moto thing. flshed and went back to the white thing. what did i do wrong?

daz
    yep you can just connect your phone to your computer as a usb device then copy the zip file directly to the sd card..make sure you dont put it into any specific folders, just the main one where everything is. after its on your sd card all you have to do is boot into j_r0dds recovery and do all of the wipe options and then flash from zip..there are more detailed directions on m3 but i find simpler is better. also there are steps on m3 for partioning your sd card and such if you plan on using apps2sd which i dont so i skipped that step.

daz
    you have to do all of the wipes not just the first option

daz
    Quote Originally Posted by buickgnx View Post
    ok got my phone back on 1.5 again. i re rooted it, and put the 76XXc file on it. and had the zip thing on the sd. reboted hit wat would be the down arrow on normal. selected wipe and full fac reset. then selected flash from sd and the beta zip. ean it, said it was successful. did the reboot thing. then on the white moto thing. flshed and went back to the white thing. what did i do wrong?
    do you mean the white moto symbol? if so that is supposed to happen..it goes from that to a new android screen with the green android....first reboot may take upwards of 25-30 min at most

i love you know, it works and 2.1 is pimp

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links