2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!!

This is a discussion on 2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by iTylerA In my experience, ChompSMS only recognizes pics that are manually addd to contacts, not ones added by Facebook/Twitter/Myspace. Has always been ...

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by iTylerA View Post
    In my experience, ChompSMS only recognizes pics that are manually addd to contacts, not ones added by Facebook/Twitter/Myspace. Has always been that way.
    Hmm even if you have it set to pull the pics from FB or wherever for your whole phonebook?? I couldve sworn it worked before but maybe it didnt. I honestly cant remember and it was only like 3 days ago I did it haha. The stock app works so maybe yr onto something there.

Joe Coolcool I felt the exact same way. Didnt like the Cliq player at all. I asked at M3 for the 2.1 stock player but nobody responded. I actually just installed the one I had from 1.5 after replacing the ATT player and its still working fine. Its the one in the Bloatware thread over at M3.. Still working like a charm.

Got the stock 2.1 music player working. This is what I did.

First I uninstalled the Cliq music app cause doing that doesn't screw anything up. Then I got the stock 2.1 music.apk from here: Music.apk. Using Root Explorer, I moved the file to/ system/app, changed the premissions to read and write for user and only read for everything else and I rebooted my phone. Once it booted up, the app was there ready to be used.

Hope this is useful.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

hey can anyone post a detailed list of instructions for this plz

Quote Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
    Hmm even if you have it set to pull the pics from FB or wherever for your whole phonebook?? I couldve sworn it worked before but maybe it didnt. I honestly cant remember and it was only like 3 days ago I did it haha. The stock app works so maybe yr onto something there.

Joe Coolcool I felt the exact same way. Didnt like the Cliq player at all. I asked at M3 for the 2.1 stock player but nobody responded. I actually just installed the one I had from 1.5 after replacing the ATT player and its still working fine. Its the one in the Bloatware thread over at M3.. Still working like a charm.
    I do think it is app specific. Chomp never piled my pic sources even on 1.5. Handcent does though. Looks like launcher puerto plus widgets doesn't pull pic sources either.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 98slowstang View Post
    hey can anyone post a detailed list of instructions for this plz
    Easy way is to download the zip from m3, install DroidExplorer, and click the install update button. Select the zip, press ok, let the magic happen.

Be sure you're rooted and have done a nandroid backup. I also suggest Titanium Backup to backup apps and settings to get you back up and running quickly.

Funny thing yesterday I left my usb cord at home and couldn't even try. Bt something that was bothering me is that the files(adb, cmd) wouldn't allow me to delete or move all of them. This being the case I went to another computer to try the 'root'. Failed(maybe bcause of my inexperience). The first computer mentioned, is it safe to retry on? And is it possible for this process to mess up the computer along wit my phone.

Yes its safe to use the first computer, and no you cant mess up your PC. The code in the roms,apps,etc are all based for linux, not windows.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Quote Originally Posted by kschumake83 View Post
    bluetooth doesn't bother me because i just use an aux cable and i play my phonecalls over the car stereo (because i use my phone as my mp3 player too).... works great and you can hear so much better.
    I agree with kschumake83. Works like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by iTylerA View Post
    Easy way is to download the zip from m3, install DroidExplorer, and click the install update button. Select the zip, press ok, let the magic happen.

Be sure you're rooted and have done a nandroid backup. I also suggest Titanium Backup to backup apps and settings to get you back up and running quickly.

Hey Tyler, I just did all these steps but in the end, DroidExplorer said 'Would you like to apply update now'? and it gave me 3 options, Apply update, Reboot into recovery but do not update, and Do not update now. I tryed the first two, but it seems that the program doesn't reboot my phone. Do I need to give it su permission or something? Even from the toolbar, I click reboot or recovery mode, nothing seems to work. Please help!

-Pyro

hey. can someone help me with this? i have NO idea how to get ALL of this working. i have my backflip rooted. i just have no idea where to start. i need a step by step start to finish. email me at tyboytwist@yahoo.com or reply to this. thanks

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links