2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!!

This is a discussion on 2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by WildPyro Hey Tyler, I just did all these steps but in the end, DroidExplorer said 'Would you like to apply update now'? ...

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by WildPyro View Post
    Hey Tyler, I just did all these steps but in the end, DroidExplorer said 'Would you like to apply update now'? and it gave me 3 options, Apply update, Reboot into recovery but do not update, and Do not update now. I tryed the first two, but it seems that the program doesn't reboot my phone. Do I need to give it su permission or something? Even from the toolbar, I click reboot or recovery mode, nothing seems to work. Please help!

-Pyro
    Your computer's adb may not be under the su. Well, since you have the update zip, move it to your, SD card, and reboot into j_r0dd's recovery. From there, you can select Install update from SD card. that way works just as well. I checked it last night.

Does the "ATT" in the status bar disappear for anyone else? Only comes back on reboot, AFAIK.

Ok...so I messed up...I didn't completely wipe the whole thing...I just did the first wipe...and now my phone is stuck in the green Moto boot screen witih "Bootloader USB Init" at the bottom...and I try to reboot using the power button and camera button at the same time but it just keeps bringing the green screen back up...PLEASE HELP!!! AM I GONNA BE STUCK HERE FOREVER??

Quote Originally Posted by JBallin4life27 View Post
    Ok...so I messed up...I didn't completely wipe the whole thing...I just did the first wipe...and now my phone is stuck in the green Moto boot screen witih "Bootloader USB Init" at the bottom...and I try to reboot using the power button and camera button at the same time but it just keeps bringing the green screen back up...PLEASE HELP!!! AM I GONNA BE STUCK HERE FOREVER??
    download RSD lite from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2745021/RSDLite_457.rar

and download the backflip 13.37 update from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2745021/att-...r-customer.sbf

get the USB init screen up and running, plug in your Backflip, and locate the file on RSD lite. press start AND WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT PULL OUT THE CORD UNTIL IT IS DONE REBOOTING!!!! after that you should be all fine, you need to re-root your phone and update to 2.1 again, but this will fix your phone

this will only work for the ATT backflip BTW

oh and for you NFL fans, the NFL app that was supposed to be verizon only didnt work when we had android 1.5, but it works w/2.1 !: nfl mobile deodexed use the 32 bit/64 bit version and enter a verizon demophone number( go to a verizon store, use any smart phone, and call your backflip w/ it.) then in the app updater enter the # when it asks you to, rest is self explanitory

Thank you so much RHV...worked beautifully!! Now i just gotta re-root my phone...bummer but it'll be worth it to get 2.1! Much appreciated man!

Quote Originally Posted by JBallin4life27 View Post
    Thank you so much RHV...worked beautifully!! Now i just gotta re-root my phone...bummer but it'll be worth it to get 2.1! Much appreciated man!
    no problem

Quote Originally Posted by iTylerA View Post
    Your computer's adb may not be under the su. Well, since you have the update zip, move it to your, SD card, and reboot into j_r0dd's recovery. From there, you can select Install update from SD card. that way works just as well. I checked it last night.

Well see here’s the thing... the reason I used your method is because I'm having a really hard time getting my phone to boot into recovery mode. I power it down and hold the camera key ALL THE WAY down, and it tells me to let go of it, so I do. Then I get two options, volume UP for something, volume DOWN for recovery.

So I guess my phones a little backwards cause its vice versa, none the less, when I hit the volume down key it brings me to a blue screen in which I have to take the battery out to get the phone working. If I press the volume UP key, it brings me to a screen where I see a picture of my phone with an exclamation point with a triangle in it, kind of looks like this: http://myjanky.com/beagleboard/wp-content/uploads/03242010138.jpg WITHOUT the words behind it.

I let it sit there at that screen for no lie like an hour and a half before I took the battery out. So I'm really stuck and don't know what to do, I thought DroidExplorer might fix my problems, guess I was wrong... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, help me LOVE my phone!

-Pyro

30 minutes later so far, still nothing... Heres a pic of my phone so you can see what I'm talking about:

DSC01603.jpg picture by WildPyro - Photobucket

-Pyro

WildPyro- Have you installed Jrodd's recovery? It is on the same page the preclair download is, the first post on modmymobile. You may have to reflash into 13.37, install the recovery, and then install preclair.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links