2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!!

This is a discussion on 2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Yea that pic you have just means u dont have jr0dds recovery image installed...or its not properly installed...

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.1 for Backflip!!! HUZZAH!!

Yea that pic you have just means u dont have jr0dds recovery image installed...or its not properly installed

I finally got my phone to flash everything correctly...and i'm just waiting now for the 20 mins to pass. I'm really surprised that no one described if you do it correctly you will see a green android guy with the screen dazzling in the background...that would have been very helpful you guys lol. And Does anyone know if i can use Nand backup to recover all my apps or will it already be there?

OMG YEAH! I just did that jr0dd dudes recovery and it WORKED! But now... I see the cool looking android dude in the background and he makes me very happy don't get me wrong lol, but it's just looping over and over... Is it something I did wrong? I did a full wipe. OMG did I break my phone!? :*(

-WildPyro

EDIT - Nevermind, I took the battery out and tryed it again and it worked just fine. OMG guys 2.1 is so f'ing AMAZING, this guy is a genious!

So exactly how long does the little android guy stay on your screen when you 1st boot? it keeps coming up and looping. did i do something wrong?

Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by ryannskaggggs View Post
    So exactly how long does the little android guy stay on your screen when you 1st boot? it keeps coming up and looping. did i do something wrong?
    Same thing happened to me. I'd get the Moto logo then the Android logo with the flashing background would come up, but then it would freeze for a few seconds and the animation would start again and that would just go on and on. I fixed it by completely re-wiping AND reformatting my SD card. It would do the same thing if I didn't format the SD card. So try that. Someone posted a good walk through over at M3. Here is the link.

Does anyone know how to disable the ad blocking feature? There are some podcasts that need it turned off before I can listen to them in Google Listen.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

^for the adblocking, you have to edit the HOSTS file for the phone. This file tells the phone not to load content from certain IP addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by WildPyro View Post
    So I guess my phones a little backwards cause its vice versa
    Nope thats normal. I think I was the first person to ever have to do a recovery boot and found out the hard way moto no only did this backwards but there original instructions on there site on how to run the recovery were wrong.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Quote Originally Posted by WildPyro View Post
    OMG YEAH! I just did that jr0dd dudes recovery and it WORKED! But now... I see the cool looking android dude in the background and he makes me very happy don't get me wrong lol, but it's just looping over and over... Is it something I did wrong? I did a full wipe. OMG did I break my phone!? :*(

-WildPyro

EDIT - Nevermind, I took the battery out and tryed it again and it worked just fine. OMG guys 2.1 is so f'ing AMAZING, this guy is a genious!
    can u plz give me a detailed step by step, i have no idea what to do

OK! if ANY one needs help. go here. if it isnt working, before flashin the image, type "su" (no quotations) in the command prompt on the computer. it will grant you accese (click yes on phone). now, oncomand prmt, instead of "$" it'll be "#". NOW you can flash the image. it should work. now just boot ur phone up by holding power and camera and letting go of camera when told. this should bring u to j-r0dd recovery!

-edit- if you need a walk through, pm me and i'll gladly help

Quote Originally Posted by tyboytwist View Post
    OK! if ANY one needs help. go here. if it isnt working, before flashin the image, type "su" (no quotations) in the command prompt on the computer. it will grant you accese (click yes on phone). now, oncomand prmt, instead of "$" it'll be "#". NOW you can flash the image. it should work. now just boot ur phone up by holding power and camera and letting go of camera when told. this should bring u to j-r0dd recovery!

-edit- if you need a walk through, pm me and i'll gladly help
    THIS HELPED ME SO MUCH. i'm usually a pretty good modder. i whipped through installing root in like 10 minutes, but this preclair has just been killing me. i've had to reset my phone to stock with RSDlite at least 3 times cuz of it. it was because of how you had to partition the sd card. i just didn't understand. but this helped so much. thank you thank you thank you

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links