2.2 froyo on backflip

This is a discussion on 2.2 froyo on backflip within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; first off.... don't get me wrong i am not trying to argue with you and i don't want to start a fight... in fact my ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.2 froyo on backflip

first off.... don't get me wrong i am not trying to argue with you and i don't want to start a fight... in fact my wife is overly happy with 1.5 a.t.m. and i leave her alone about it. so this is not pointed towards you but to people watching this thread debating on weather to do this or not. but anyways moto reminds me of a car called the ford focus, in 2000 when it was released it had over 25 recalls (and i am talking like wiring lighting on fire and suspension falling off), so in that point i would probably take a home built car, but also to defend ford they released updates.... in other words fixed the recalls. i really don't see moto taking care of our phones in a timely manner, and preclair was right for me, i don't play 3d games and i don't use anything bluetooth. the fit and finish on this rom is exceptional except for those 2 issues. just looked at the preclair page and there is going to be a beta 3 out today to fix bluetooth permanently so the only issue is 3d acceleration and i for sure can live with that.

and just to restate this i am not trying to put you down in any way for not using this rom i am just saying that for some people this is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by nappent View Post
    The 2.1 rom out right now is a hacked version. Again, not to say it's the developers faults, but the tools and software available is limited. Let me put it this way... Would you rather buy a new car built by some guy in his home's garage doing it for the first time or built by the factory where they have the correct tools and resources to build a quality car? We really don't have any other phones out there to build a quality rom other then the Cliq. And lets not forget the 2.1 from the Cliq is a beta leak so it was not fully developed yet either. Yes it gives us a starting point but not by much. In addition without the new kernel I find it hard to believe that 2.1 developed by j_r0dd and his buddies is every going to be the same quality as what will come out from Motorola. Yes you don't get the AT&T bloat ware but that doesn't mean much when many things still aren't working yet. I know they are still early in the development stage but it's really a patch job to get things to work. When moto does release 2.1 we can build some quality custom roms and work from a good starting point.

I'm not trying to start a argument and I know people want to get 2.1 really bad, but I do believe we shouldn't jump the gun so fast. That's just my $0.02 take it or leave it.
    That's not a very good analogy. It should be more like this: Would you rather have a dealership employee rebuild or repair your engine, or a master mechanic who actually gives a toot? So, yes, not just anybody can build or repair an engine properly, but it's not always the OEM guy that does it best either. The OEM guy has artificial restrictions that the independent guy does not have to deal with. On the other hand, as you stated, the OEM guy has access to special tools and information. All the tools and info do is make it easier, not necessarily better.

Junior Member pessimistic observer's Avatar

If moto was an automobile manufacturer

1. the government would call the ceo up to the washington
    to testify in front of congress and explain why so many people were dieng in their cars.
    2.moto would delay fixing the recalls and instead would just release
    newer models of vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by pessimistic observer View Post
    1. the government would call the ceo up to the washington
    to testify in front of congress and explain why so many people were dieng in their cars.
    2.moto would delay fixing the recalls and instead would just release
    newer models of vehicles
    That has to be the WORST analogy, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by bangbang023 View Post
    Eh well, when you're jaded and bitter, what are ya gonna do?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by bangbang023 View Post
    thats what i was aiming for the car industry exist in an intirely different universe
    in comparison to consumer electronics

Worst as in "makes no sense". There is nothing broken with our phones or something causing the equivalent of people "dying" in the technology realm. I want 2.1 as much as the next guy and would love Froyo, but I knew that the only thing promised, going in, was 2.1 and I'll settle on that until custom roms come out using 2.1 as a base for a Froyo ROM.

what is the equivilant of dieng in a car crash
    for the consumer electronic market

It is irrelevant. As stated before, the Backflip works. Android 1.5 is not broken. Yes there have been delays, but the release hopefully is near as Mark has stated that all of the phones (presumably Backflip, Cliq, and Cliq XT) have finished testing or are nearly finished and are moving on to the approval process by the carriers.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

AT&T debuts trio of Motorola Android phones: Bravo, Flipout and Flipside all with 2.1
    backflip goes off in a jelous rage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links