2.2 froyo on backflip

This is a discussion on 2.2 froyo on backflip within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; so apparently this guy has froyo on his backflip. data, wifi, and bluetooth arent working/ here is the OP: 2.2 on backflip...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.2 froyo on backflip

2.2 froyo on backflip

so apparently this guy has froyo on his backflip. data, wifi, and bluetooth arent working/ here is the OP: 2.2 on backflip

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Interesting, but really non-functional at this point.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Interesting, but really non-functional at this point.
    even if it is functional, but it doesnt run as smooth as 2.1 i am not going to install it. j_r0dd did an amazing job w/2.1 and it runs perfectly. 2.2 only adds "speed improvements" which is useless if it doesnt run well and tethering, which i already have.

you wait for moto and the rest of us will have 2.1 now with no att crap, and well its now, not in january when moto actually releases 2.1 for the flip. and when the official update comes out with the new drivers and updated kernel im sure 2.2 wont be too far after.

Let's not get carried away. Motorola will put out a 2.1 release before January.

even when moto does come out with the 2.1 update its still gonna be weighed down with ATT's bs apps again and still wont be able to install from unknown sources so for those 2 simple reason j-r0dds rom is already better not to mention all the little things that are or can be different.

j-rodds preclair > moto2.1

daz
    the problem with porting 2.2 is the same thing that j_r0dd ran into with 2.1. the kernel available for the bflip is not up to date enough to work on 2.2. in order to get 2.1 working he had to use kernel from the cliq hence why it says tmobile in the about phone section. when moto releases 2.1 we should easily be able to get 2.2 working on the bflip. not flashing j_r0dd's rom and waiting for moto is your own decision but id much rather have a true android experience and be free of att.

Once you root your phone, you can still uninstall the ATT apps and can mod your phone to enable non-market apps. That can be done without using a custom ROM.

I didn't say that j_r0dd's 2.1 ROM wasn't useable. But a 2.2 ROM where none of the radios work among other things being non-functional? Sorry, no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Let's not get carried away. Motorola will put out a 2.1 release before January.
    Im not holding my breath. They already dropped 2.1 from the non-us backflips even though the hardware is the same I would imagine. Now its not to say I dont want them to release an official 2.1 if it opens up new doors for us, but I dont have much faith.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Quote Originally Posted by nappent View Post
    I'm sure when Moto does release the 2.1 we will find a way to root the phone and remove it like we did several weeks ago.
    Whats the point when we already have 2.1 with out bloat ware? None in the case of your argument. 2.1 from moto will really only pose an advantage assuming we get a new kernel which will open new doors for us.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links