any input is greatly appreciated

This is a discussion on any input is greatly appreciated within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I received my backflip replacement and its slower than my other one. At&t told me they would send me an Aria if I wasn't pleased ...

Thread: any input is greatly appreciated

any input is greatly appreciated

I received my backflip replacement and its slower than my other one. At&t told me they would send me an Aria if I wasn't pleased with the backflip replacement. Is that a better phone than the backflip. This phone is just wayyyyyy too laggy.

Thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well If im not mistaking, the aria has much better specs, basically a 1GHz proccessor prolly the same amount of ram though. So if you wont miss the keyboard then maybe.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

The HTC Aria does not have a 1Ghz processor, though it is faster than the Backflip. You can find information on it at ATT.com or on the official HTC website.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Aria = MSM7227 chipset.
    Backflip = MSM7201A

The Backflip is decent low end Android hardware because of these reasons: 1.) It's CPU is fab'd on a 90NM process. 2.)It has the AMD Z430 (ATI Imageon) graphics processor, which has shown it's weaknesses quite throughly from past issues. 3.) It's ARMv6 based, which is, by tech terms, old as dirt. 4.) It's MSM7201A CPU has no FPU or L2 cache, which makes it's performance under pressure sketchy at best.

The Aria is better than the Backflip in all of the above regards. It has a CPU fab'd on a 65-45MN process, so it's energy efficient, so more battery life. It's got the Adreno 200 GPU, which is the same GPU featured in the Snapdragon which powers the N1, Incredible, HD2, Desire, EVO 4G, etc... It also has a CPU that's ARMv7 compatible, and at 600MHz is MUCH more efficient and speedy than the Backflip's 528MHz core clock.

Therefore the Aria wins. I'd take either honestly, with the preference for the Aria.

Try doing a factory reset on the bflip, that should help the performance a bit.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links