Upgrade to bigger SD Card after 2.1!

This is a discussion on Upgrade to bigger SD Card after 2.1! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Someone please help me! I have the beta 3 version of the Android 2.1 update and it has been working beautifully! I recently just bought ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to bigger SD Card after 2.1!

Upgrade to bigger SD Card after 2.1!

Someone please help me! I have the beta 3 version of the Android 2.1 update and it has been working beautifully! I recently just bought an 8GB memory card and I wanna move everything from my 4GB over to the 8GB...but for some reason i'm having issues. I've formatted my 8GB and when I transfer everything over to my computer then try to put it on my 8GB...everything doesn't transfer over...why is that? I've tried this several different times using different methods...USB through my phone, taking the memory cards out and just putting them in my computer, using j_r0dd's custom recovery MS option...I don't understand why I can't transfer everything over. Anyone else have issues with this? Does anyone have an answer for me?!?!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok this has nothing to do with development or hacking so wrong forum. As for the problem itself I have a feeling your facing the same problem as I am:
    http://www.attdroids.com/forum/motor...-problems.html
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Ok,
    A i agree, nothing to do with dev
    B did you buy it off ebay
    C if you did was it too cheap to be true
    D have you tried the fake sd card checking programs

I've noticed this problem not only with SD cards but also with any USB drive under Vista or Windows 7. For some reason the OS does not want to complete copying large files from the computer to the SD or the USB storage drive I use for backups. The only solution I have found is to download and install a free program called TeraCopy (Google it) and after doing that I never had another problem copying and pasting files via USB. Give it a try.

Ok
    A. My bad, I just needed help
    B. I did buy it off Ebay but I also bought my 4GB memory card off ebay and it worked just fine
    C. It cost me $15 for an 8GB...i dont think thats too cheap
    D. No i havent and i dont know how to

and Devil495...thanks i'll try that and let u know how it worked!

Many sd cards past 4gb on ebay are fake not all but some, try this
    sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/h2testw-14-gold-standard-in-detecting-usb-counterfeit-drives/
    Its designed for usb drives but works for all

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks smitty92...i'll try that because i'm starting to suspect mine is a fake

And Devil...it didn't work...but mine may be a fake!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil495 View Post
    I've noticed this problem not only with SD cards but also with any USB drive under Vista or Windows 7. For some reason the OS does not want to complete copying large files from the computer to the SD or the USB storage drive I use for backups. The only solution I have found is to download and install a free program called TeraCopy (Google it) and after doing that I never had another problem copying and pasting files via USB. Give it a try.
    I use TerraCopy to but only because I see better speeds, not reliability. The reliability is fine either way.

Quote Originally Posted by JBallin4life27 View Post
    Ok
    A. My bad, I just needed help
    B. I did buy it off Ebay but I also bought my 4GB memory card off ebay and it worked just fine
    C. It cost me $15 for an 8GB...i dont think thats too cheap
    D. No i havent and i dont know how to
    B. Perhaps you got luck or you bought a good quality brand 4 GB.

C. Its not, if your buying a cheap card:
    Newegg.com - Cameras & Camcorders,Digital Camera Accessories,Flash Memory,Class 6,Micro SDHC,8GB
    Heres some prices for 8 GB MicroSDHC. Your best bet is to stick to Sandisk or Transcend. NewEgg doesnt carry SanDisk for some reason. A-Data makes RAM for computers, and are not a reputable brand. Im going to assume thats the case here as well.

The most important thing to look at is brand name and class, and size comes latter. First choose a good name brand, like I said Sandisk or Transcend. Kingston is another good brand to but I would likley but them in 3rd. Now move on to class. If your just playing back MP3s or soemthing like that, a cheapo Class 2 card would do fine I imagine, but for things like Apps2SD, then you need a high class card, like a 6 or 10. The class is the speed; how fast the phone can read data off the card. Then we get to size. My 2 GB SD card can hold about 6 -8 Albums on there. So 2 GB does well for me, but I need apps2SD as I am running out of internal memory for apps. Therefore I need something like a Transcend 8 GB Card thats class 6 because it needs to be fast enough for apps2sd, and have space for more albums, plus a cache when the bflip is able to support it.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Hey Thanks man...that was really helpful. Someone gave me a link to test my SD card and it turned out I was sold a defective SD and it was Sandisk thats why I trusted it but I guess I just have to be careful on Ebay...but I think I will just go to BestBuy and buy one straight from the store...maybe that'll be better. Thanks for your help...much appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links