Apps2sd??

This is a discussion on Apps2sd?? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by kamelonious I had been thinking about doing apps2sd after the beta4 release came out. After flashing beta4, i went ahead and set ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apps2sd??

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by kamelonious View Post
    I had been thinking about doing apps2sd after the beta4 release came out. After flashing beta4, i went ahead and set up my LauncherPro and got the apps I needed. Then, i decided to try out the apps2sd thing so that i could free up some memory.

My question is this- does apps2sd need to be run after i flash the ROM and before i install apps? Sorry if this seems trivial...I just haven't noticed an increase in available memory. Maybe i need to reinstall aps so they go to the sd card?

Thx for any help!

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk
    You generally do it before flashing. Make sure to back up your SD, and you partition a part of your SD to EXT3. EXT3 is a file system that Linux uses, like Windows uses FAT32 and NTFS. After you have an EXT3 partition on your SD card, flash the OS and configure Apps2SD. All of this can be done from the modified recovery image.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellono View Post
    What was the fix? It might help others out..
    Yea good idea!
    1. Backup all files on your SD card
    2. Format the SD card completely
    3. Partition your SD card
    -Set Swat to 0
    -Set ext 2 to however much mb you want to set for extra space for your apps (try not to exceed 1.5GBs as issues have been said to arise if you go over this amount...700-800mb is good amount)
    -set remainder as fat32
    -let phone partition
    4. Then upgrade to ext 3
    5. Using MS toggle (or whatever other method you prefer) move backup files back to memory card
    6. Flash ROM if you haven't done so to this point
    7. Boot Phone
    8. Once booted, using GScript mod, move dalvik-cache to SD (should reboot phone after)
    9. After it reboots then, using GScript mod, enable apps2sd and you should be in business

*haven't tried it yet but apparently in j_r0dd's recovery u can move dalvic-cache and apps to sd from the other section instead of doing steps 8 and 9*
    *Also i'm not sure if you need to do all this before you flash the ROM...someone else mentioned it, but i don't know if you HAVE to do it*
    Hope this helps someone!

Ok so I've done that... now what? How do you get the apps to the SD card?

When you enable Apps2sd it moves the apps to your card. In the GScrpit Mod if you select 'Ext diskspace' it will tell u how much ext you have avaliable...how much you have used...and it will also give u a percentage...its a good way to check if you've done it right

I'm having so much EFFING difficulty getting apps2sd working. When it *does* work, it gives me a "Process system not responding" on every other boot. It will have that problem once, then I'll power off and it will boot alright, then if I power it down and turn it back on, it gives that message again. I don't feel like that's the way it's supposed to work.

The EXT3 partion is only used for apps2sd and cant be used to store regular data like MP3 can it?
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

I believe it is for storing the apps only.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    ^That, and Apps2SD has never been really stable, or reliable in its functioning under 2.1, especially 2.1 builds with kernels like PreClair's that wasn't originally intended for the BF.

I noticed the same problem. Enabled Apps2SD and no increase in available memory for the phones internal storage.

I don't know what to tell you cuz I don't know what you're doing...I just did my apps2sd over again after flashing the new v.1.0.2 preclair ROM and it worked just fine for...try tellin me exactly what you did and i'll see if I can't help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links