Apps2sd??

This is a discussion on Apps2sd?? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Ohhh I forgot to mention that Apps2sd requires you have a good high class sd card...I specifically bought an 8GB class 6 sd card for ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apps2sd??

Ohhh I forgot to mention that Apps2sd requires you have a good high class sd card...I specifically bought an 8GB class 6 sd card for apps2sd cuz i desperately needed more space...anything less than a class 6 card (so i've heard) will not cut it for Apps2sd. Especially not the card that came with the backflip! That may be your problem

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the sdcard that came with the Backflip is a Class 6 card, though it is only 2gb worth of storage. The class only determines the speed at with the card can be read or written to. Lower class cards should work, but I imagine they would cause some slowdowns.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Oh well I was informed differently...I gave the card that came with the backflip to someone else cuz I already had a 4GB i was using and had no use for the one that came with it. But I'm just telling you what i've read in multiple post on Mymodmobile (where j_r0dd post all of his stuff) and many have said that less than class 6 will have many issues.

any luck with this?

Quote Originally Posted by eggwolio View Post
    I'm having so much EFFING difficulty getting apps2sd working. When it *does* work, it gives me a "Process system not responding" on every other boot. It will have that problem once, then I'll power off and it will boot alright, then if I power it down and turn it back on, it gives that message again. I don't feel like that's the way it's supposed to work.
    I am having the *exact* same problemo...I'm running j_r0dd's preclair 1.0.3...did you have any luck getting it resolved? THANKS, man...

Quote Originally Posted by allgolfedout View Post
    I am having the *exact* same problemo...I'm running j_r0dd's preclair 1.0.3...did you have any luck getting it resolved? THANKS, man...
    Actually this has been a known reported problem that occurs when Apps2sd is used. Its just one of those things you're gonna have to deal with at the moment...aside from just having to power down and let it boot again it's not a real problem...just a bit of an annoyance. But as long as you're getting more space on your phone then you're good. Maybe if he updates the ROM it'll change. But there was a warning that Apps2sd isn't the most stable thing on this ROM so we just have to be grateful we get it to work at all cuz without it we'd be stuck out with very little memory!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links