Apps2sd??

This is a discussion on Apps2sd?? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Anybody figure out how to get apps2sd to work with j_r0dd's 2.1...and anyone care to post a step-by-step instructional? I'm running low on phone memory ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apps2sd??

Apps2sd??

Anybody figure out how to get apps2sd to work with j_r0dd's 2.1...and anyone care to post a step-by-step instructional? I'm running low on phone memory and can really use it!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Yea i see these directions...but I'm not sure I understand them...is there a video link somewhere or somewhere else that explains it...cuz I dunno if that is just a log saying how it should be...or if I need to do this in order to run Apps2sd....

Its pretty straight forward. Boot in to recovery mode. Then choose partition SD Card. Set some EXT2 space for apps. Dont set SWAP as the bflip cant use it yet, and then set the remaining space to FAT32. Reboot, then launch Gscript and enable apps2sd.

As for a video, have you tried youtube yet?

Ok that was probably the best directions ive received on this...it finally let me update to partition 3...but I think I did it wrong (maybe set more ext2 space than i had). Whatever the case after i enabled apps2sd it didn't work correctly and once my phone rebooted i got a bootloop and ended up having to reflash the beta3 ROM. But I believe I got it now...just gonna wait for my new 8GB to come in and i'm in business...but in the meantime...I may be wrong...any idea why I didn't do it right?

Theres no telling with out knowing exactly what you did. If you need to use google to determine how many megabytes are in a gigabyte and such.

Ugh this is frustrating...I can't get this to work...I got my new 8GB memory card and I can't seem to figure out how to do this right. Are there any simple instructions on how to do this? When I don't set any swap its already set to 32...do i change that to 0? And am I supposed to reformat before partition? Is all I need to do after I update it to ext 3 and reboot is just enable apps to sd using the gscrit? So many questions but i'm getting close...but its just nowt working properly...any advice would help cuz the post in j_r0dd's thing is confusing to me

Neer mind...I figure it out...i'm in busines!!:motorola:+=

What was the fix? It might help others out..

I had been thinking about doing apps2sd after the beta4 release came out. After flashing beta4, i went ahead and set up my LauncherPro and got the apps I needed. Then, i decided to try out the apps2sd thing so that i could free up some memory.

My question is this- does apps2sd need to be run after i flash the ROM and before i install apps? Sorry if this seems trivial...I just haven't noticed an increase in available memory. Maybe i need to reinstall aps so they go to the sd card?

Thx for any help!

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links