any input is appreciated.

This is a discussion on any input is appreciated. within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I would check to make sure that you have the correct drivers installed and that you have Debugging enabled. If both are correct then your ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any input is appreciated.

I would check to make sure that you have the correct drivers installed and that you have Debugging enabled. If both are correct then your phone should be appearing when you connect it.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Sometimes, even though you are in the command prompt working with ADB, it can wigg out. Close the command prompt, unplug the phone and make sure you have "debug" enabled on the phone. Now before plugging the phone back in, go to your computer and right click on the task bar and go to the "Task Manager". Now look in the list of processes for "adb.exe" and kill it. Now plug your phone back in, start your command prompt back up, go to the tools folder and type "adb devices". You should see the daemon start up, and then list your device. If it still doesn't list your device, like jmgib said, check your drivers. With "debug" enabled on the phone, you should see an item in the device manager called "Mot Composite ADB Interface" right at the top of the list of devices. If it's not there, something isn't installed right.

alright, thanks alot guys. i'll try it and let you know how it turns out. and thanks again for taking the time to reply to my problems. i appreciate it.
    [\Marvin the Martian/]:blur:

Actually if you just want to stop the running adb process, a simple
    Code:
    adb kill-server
    from the command prompt will work without having to open the task manager to kill it. This is assuming of course that you don't have other programs such as Droid Explorer running in the background spawning their own instances of 'adb'. In that case though, you usually get the message that the currently running adb server is out of date and must be restarted.

the driver i have is MotoConnect. is that what I'm supposed to have?

That should be fine, yes.

Okay guys, I'm sorry I'm giving you so many problems, but it still doesn't work. I install MotoConnect. Place the android-sdk-windows folder & the MSM Root folder into the C: drive. open up the cmd prompt from inside the android-sdk\tools folder. plug in my phone with debug on in Charge Only mode. connect it and type "adb devices" but the list still doesn't show my phone. I've killed the adb process several times and tried to reconnect. I've restarted both the phone & the PC. Does it matter that when I go on websites like facebook it identifies my phone as an SDK? This is so frustrating and I feel like an idiot. hugh. thanks for the help this whole time guys, i know it must be annoying for you all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links