Clone Setup?

This is a discussion on Clone Setup? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; My wife and I both have the Backflip. I recently just did the whole root thing and have it upgraded to 2.1. I have spent ...

Thread: Clone Setup?

Clone Setup?

My wife and I both have the Backflip. I recently just did the whole root thing and have it upgraded to 2.1. I have spent a week finding the widgets and apps I wanted to make it look and work the way I want.

My wife is wanting me to root and update hers so it works like mine. I was wondering if there was a way to copy my setup and transfer it to her phone and just change the Blur account settings.

Any Ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not that i know of.. You can always do a backup and email her the apks or transfer them to her phone.

Theoretically, you could root her phone and install the custom recovery. Then do a nandroid backup on your phone and then restore that backup on hers.

That should make her phone identical to yours, to include apps, networking accounts, everything. Since they are both Backflips... theoretically that should work.

Otherwise, you'll just need to do everything again on her phone.

*EDIT* Did think of a possible hitch though. I'm not sure that you can use the same Motoblur account simultaneously on 2 different phones. That could cause you issues, since you would need to do a factory reset in order to change the Motoblur account, which would render the whole thing pointless.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links