Google Contact Sync broken in Preclair or just me???

This is a discussion on Google Contact Sync broken in Preclair or just me??? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Ok posted this over at M3 yesterday but nobody touched it so I wanna see if maybe someone over here has the same issue.. Basically ...

Thread: Google Contact Sync broken in Preclair or just me???

Google Contact Sync broken in Preclair or just me???

Ok posted this over at M3 yesterday but nobody touched it so I wanna see if maybe someone over here has the same issue..

Basically since upgrading to 2.1, any NEW contacts I make only go to Motoblur and not to my Google address book.. All of my contacts on Google that were already there when I went to 2.1 come back just fine but I cant for the life of me make a new one.
    I checked the Contacts Settings yesterday and indeed both Motoblur and Google are checked so it should be working.. Since the Motoblur checkbox is greyed out I couldnt uncheck it and see if just Google would work..

This on top of IMAP email no longer working (and who knows what else I havent found yet) are making me want to flash back to 1.5 but 2.1 was soooo nice up until now hehehe...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not using the custom ROM, so I don't know about the contact issue you are having, but you can try using an alternate email client such as K-9 Mail for the email issue.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Hmm. I have IMAP and push contacts from Google Sync working. I was using the service before Android with Windows Mobile, so I may have something configured a little bit different.

Well contacts issue is now resolved. I had to do a full wipe of my phone to install the latest 2.1 rom last night and that seemed to have fixed my new contacts going to both Google and Motoblur.. Now I just have to go redo the couple that I added in the last couple weeks so theyre in google hehehe..

Dorian - youre using an IMAP account with the regular old stock email app correct?? Mine still doesnt work even after this latest rom. I looked at it this morning and the last email in there was from about 1am last night when I last rebooted the phone. I hit the little sync button up in the corner and it spun but didnt grab any new mail.. Opened up my good old K9 Mail and sure enough there was plenty of junk and other stuff that came in between 1am and when I got up.. Oh well I like K9 better anyways as I can actually mark stuff as Spam and send it to my junk folder on the server..

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links