2.1 w/o blur

This is a discussion on 2.1 w/o blur within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by GReal501 This is unrelated, sorry but how did cricket get a 2.1 android before my backflip is upgraded. They should ban that ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.1 w/o blur

Quote Originally Posted by GReal501 View Post
    This is unrelated, sorry but how did cricket get a 2.1 android before my backflip is upgraded. They should ban that ad from this site cause it just hurt my feelings.
    Lmao. I was on cricket's site and saw it. I've never even heard of the brand that phone is, but looks like it is 2.1 with a custom manufacturer interface. The no name brand beat Motorola lol.

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant Overclocked to 1.6GHz. Please excuse my Swype.

That's not entirely true. Motorola does have several phones with Android 2.1. They just have had difficulties upgrading some of their existing 1.5 phones to 2.1. Anyway, yeah, I've not heard of that manufacturer before either. And from the specs it definitely appears to be a lower end phone.

A review here. Seems from the comments that Huawei may have been making phones for other companies in the past and is just now starting to market phones under their own name.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I guarantee that phone has the exact same MSM7201a chipset in it. Huawei is a Chinese company if I'm not mistaken... but they make a USB 3G modem like no other. The only one I've had that had better support was an LG.

Quote Originally Posted by everix View Post
    If it really is that much faster, I just might have to give it a try after they fix a few more of the problems people seem to be having. And yeah, who needs the blur stuff when you can pretty much do the same thing with apps right off the market.
    Not exactly. With motoblur you can write some one a message on facebook,for example, right from with in your contacts. And if you want to see there wall, you have to find there profile while browsing via the facebook mobile app. With blur its done right in your contacts. Im not big on social networking sites but i do use them on occasion and find motoblur makes it much quicker to contact some one.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    With blur its done right in your contacts. Im not big on social networking sites but i do use them on occasion and find motoblur makes it much quicker to contact some one.
    That is true. I didn't even know about Motoblur until after I got this phone. I started to like the functionality of Motoblur. However, it CHOKES the phone's performance. Ridiculously. Ever since using the Deblurred ROM, the makeup in speed is well worth losing the functionality.

okay i got thsi running on ym phone and i got to say is OMFG! the speed of the phone is freaking incredible. is waaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than when i had it with jrods blur one. just one issue, how is everyone doing the contact thing.

When you say without blur, do you mean you're running stock 2.1?
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

there is a more or less working version out that is jrodds build w/ the motoblur stuff deleted

the stock 2.1 build is still in alpha, but being worked on from the ground up. apparently you can't make phone calls on it yet, lol. so that'll be awhile.

best decision i ever made. with this thing deblurred (plus the optimizations jr0dd has done), it's a like a brand new phone. so responsive. and i don't miss blur one bit!

att would sell lots more backflips if they all ran this.

oh, and for the blur contacts, just export them a csv file and then import it with gmail on your computer while you flash your phone with deblur. your contacts will be waiting on you.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Just wait till Moto publishes the kernel source for 2.1 so that we can compile our own. OC enabled kernels will make the Backflip quite a speedy little phone!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links