Root with one click lag fix after official 2.1 upgrade?

This is a discussion on Root with one click lag fix after official 2.1 upgrade? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hi Dorian I have a question about modifying original 2.1 rom to change app install permissions with root access. with the root explorer it is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Root with one click lag fix after official 2.1 upgrade?

Hi Dorian
    I have a question about modifying original 2.1 rom to change app install permissions with root access. with the root explorer it is possible to get in to providers folder and settings db/secure than change the value of install non market apps. Have you ever try this? is it safe? or there is another way to change this value. Thank you for your help.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Hi Dorian
    I have a question about modifying original 2.1 rom to change app install permissions with root access. with the root explorer it is possible to get in to providers folder and settings db/secure than change the value of install non market apps. Have you ever try this? is it safe? or there is another way to change this value. Thank you for your help.
    On the Backflip, I've never done anything like that... I just used ADB or the custom ROM. I know it can be done though... Maybe someone with a Backflip can chime in.

Hi Dorian
    You should be able to follow the steps at ModMyMobile Forums - View Single Post - [MOD] Install non-market apps though I have not done this myself.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Upps sorry. I do not have backflip anymore I was talking about Captivate. But here what happened. I was able to change the value of non market app install with SQ lite manager and root explorer, that was fine. But I had big trouble with OCLF, it worked perfect first. My quadrant score was 2343 I was amazed. But next morning My phone was little Laggy and I reboot the phone and never pass Galaxy S screen. I had to returned to factory settings that wiped the OCLF and phone booted. I reapply OCLF and restore apps with Titanium backup. but phone was not the same. I had to remove the OCLF again. I do not understand why OCLF creating this lagg which suppose to be 3 times faster than stock. I knew that EXT2 is little unstable but my phone works better without OCLF. Has anyone experience this problem and is there a fix for this.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Upps sorry. I do not have backflip anymore I was talking about Captivate. But here what happened. I was able to change the value of non market app install with SQ lite manager and root explorer, that was fine. But I had big trouble with OCLF, it worked perfect first. My quadrant score was 2343 I was amazed. But next morning My phone was little Laggy and I reboot the phone and never pass Galaxy S screen. I had to returned to factory settings that wiped the OCLF and phone booted. I reapply OCLF and restore apps with Titanium backup. but phone was not the same. I had to remove the OCLF again. I do not understand why OCLF creating this lagg which suppose to be 3 times faster than stock. I knew that EXT2 is little unstable but my phone works better without OCLF. Has anyone experience this problem and is there a fix for this.
    In the case of the Captivate, try this.

What OCLF does is convert some of the internal partitions up as EXT2 instead of Samsung's RFS. EXT2 is screaming fast, but it's not made for NAND flash storage because it's easily corruptible with power loss like a battery pull. Another thing OCLF does is make data loop-backs and that's where your problems are coming from. Loop-backs just aren't reliable.

To get things back to normal, re-flash the stock 2.1 JF6 build, and it will re-format all the internal partitions back to what they're supossed to be and clear out any issues that might still be there.

Thank you.

thanks

hello iam a complete noob a this. I've been reading here and there and im wondering if i should upgrade to the the official 2.1 from moto and then get the phone rooted with z4root. An to clarify Titanium backup is to recover for safety purposes of saving your phone in case a bad mod occurs. any suggestion on which path i should go to root my backflip with 1.5 firmware?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links