total noob request

This is a discussion on total noob request within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; That was the correct method. And obviously you have the SU App in the drawer correct? You say it doesn't have any programs listed in ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: total noob request

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    That was the correct method. And obviously you have the SU App in the drawer correct? You say it doesn't have any programs listed in the app like the guy in the video did, so that lets you know that nothing has SU rights, as that list is the names of programs that have been granted SU permissions.

The only thing I'm not aware of is if the root method has changed from the "privilege escalation" exploit used to root 1.5.

Try running the commands listed above in a terminal emulator on the phone itself (ie. ConnectBot), so that if something asks for root, you can see it immediately...

well, i rooted before when i had my phone on 1.5, and i had no apps in the superuser app either. and when i put the commands in the phone, i get permission denied

and...how do i grant a program Superuser rights?

and also, i type commands into the phone. i get permission denied for typing in 'adb shell'
    and a very similar response when i type in 'su' to when i typed it in the pc.

yea i have no idea why you don't have SU rights....I never ran into this problem and I don't know of any suggestions to fix it either

http://www.attdroids.com/forum/motor...ting-crap.html

i used this to re-root, and once i rooted, i flashed the recovery.img right from the terminal emulater. i wiped all and about to flash preclair. wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyk777 View Post
    i unzipped the image, renamed it 'recovery.img' and copied it to my sd card

it then says to enter:

adb shell
    su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

so i do adb shell, but when i put in su, i get this:

"reloc_library[1244]: 2952 cannot locate '_ZNK7android6Parcel15setDataPositionEj
    '...CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE"
    It seems to me I got this same error message too. The Instructions said to copy the recovery.img to the ROOT of the SD card, I could not for the life of me find anything that said ROOT on the SD card, (is that gigglingI hear?) so I created a folder and renamed it ROOT, put the recovery.img in it and somehow it worked. I'm not the most knowledgeable person on here so don't do this until someone can maybe verify it or shoot it out of the water, but however, I AM ROOTED and and happily running J_r0dd's Preclair v1.0.2 [11-5-10] after following the instructions to a "T" , even doing an RSD lite back to 1.5 from the official 2.1 upgrade. Good luck! It's the best feeling in the world when you can finally get it accomplished!

YES! i got it to work! iim running Preclair version 1.0.2!! thank you to all the people who tried to help!!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyk777 View Post
    YES! i got it to work! iim running Preclair version 1.0.2!! thank you to all the people who tried to help!!
    Nice! Enjoy! I hear it speeds the Backflip up tremendously!

Talking

Yay! Glad you got it...makes the backflip so much better and more enjoyable! Now you're obligated to help anyone else out whos had similar issues...pay it forward my friend!

will do. the instructions given my j_r0dd werent that great....i know better >

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links