total noob request

This is a discussion on total noob request within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; making a folder named ROOT actually worked?!?!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: total noob request

making a folder named ROOT actually worked?!?!

EXCITING NEWS GUYS ONE CLICK ROOT

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

SEARCH "z4root" in Android Market and CLICK IT AND YOUR ROOTED

This APP is Ligit guys. Root took 5 min .

Don't waste your time doing all these steps.

Quote Originally Posted by wdeydwondrer View Post
    no........

probably not....before that though, all I would get is the triangle with a "!" icon. There was NOTHING on my SD card that said root, so where DO you put the recovery.img? I tried copy/paste and ADB and it (recovery.img ) didn't show up anywhere. I would try rebooting into recovery and would only get the triangle. I also remember clicking on the properties of the .img and checking a box that said this "file is being blocked because it has come from another computer, check "here" to unblock", could THAT have had something to do with it rebooting into recovery? :confused:

root is just the top level of the drive. in this case, if you put the sdcard into the computer, or plugged in the backflip, root would be what you see when you open my computer/ (whatever drive letter the backflip is)

just drag and drop it there.

or in adb it's adb push c:/(folder where recovery is)/recovery.img \sdcard\recovery.img

that'll put it in root

root is just the top level of the drive. in this case, if you put the sdcard into the computer, or plugged in the backflip, root would be what you see when you open my computer/ (whatever drive letter the backflip is)

just drag and drop it there.

or in adb it's adb push c:/(folder where recovery is)/recovery.img \sdcard\recovery.img

that'll put it in root
    thank you wdeydwondrer for patiently explaining that, I appreciate it

hey, no problem. threads on here have helped me out, just paying back a bit

Hey guys, so now that there is a confirmed working 1 click root for Backflip, I am actually considering rooting for the first time. I'm on the official Moto 2.1 and I've got a couple questions:

Which custom ROM is the latest/best? Seems like everyone talks about j_rodds?
    What, if any, are the disadvantages of that custom ROM versus the official 2.1?
    If I decide I don't like the custom ROM, how easy is it to go back to the official 2.1?

Any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Getting back to the official 2.1 is simple. What I would suggest is that once you flash a custom recovery and before you install the custom ROM to just do a Nandroid backup. Then if you decide you want to go back you can just restore that recovery and be good to go from the point right before you installed the custom ROM. Even without this, you'll just need to find a copy of RSDlite (Google for it, you want version 4.7 or 4.8 I believe) and then just download the stock .sbf image from BACKFLIP & MOTUS firmwares Superthread And then just use RSDlite to flash that image to the phone. This will basically be like doing a factory reset though. You'll lose all your installed apps and data (though sdcard should be safe though. Same rules as a factory reset).

As to the question of which ROM is best, currently that would be j_r0dd's ROM. It is a rooted/tweaked version of the stock 2.1 upgrade for the Backflip. There is a work in progress that is based on j_r0dd's ROM where someone is attempting to remove Motoblur but it seems stalled atm. There is also a promising AOSP ROM in development which is stock Android, but it is slow going and still waiting on the source release from Motorola for the 2.1 code.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

if i was reading him right, it looked like the aosp guy is actually writing his own driver trees? things i want nothing to do with, LOL

Zara, that 1 click root method is only replacing like 6 steps. there honestly isn't anything difficult about rooting. and if you mess up while attempting root, nothing happens, atleast it didn't for me while i was busy mistyping, lol. to load the roms on, you'll need the custom recovery so you can actually flash it. once you start flashing though is when you can mess stuff up. all the steps are pretty painless though if you just take a minute while doing it. jrodd preclair is the most popular and stable rom out right now, and like he said, it's the same 2.1 as what you have now with a couple minor changes, the biggest being the loss of the att crap.

on a side note, i'm really looking forward to putting on nexten blue theme, looks really neat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links