We Ask The Hard Questions.

This is a discussion on We Ask The Hard Questions. within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by Dorian If you want Preclair on your phone, then rooting is necessary. But now that you've rooted, you have to install the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Ask The Hard Questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    If you want Preclair on your phone, then rooting is necessary. But now that you've rooted, you have to install the custom recovery, so that you can boot into recovery and flash the Preclair ZIP package.
    Aah I see. how does the custom recovery work though? I think that's the part I don't really understand.
    [\Marvin the Martian/]:blur:

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Well, after flashing it through the command line or terminal emulator, you push "adb reboot recovery" to boot into recovery (or power+camera held down). From there you can make or restore backups (NANDROID), install ZIP files, and wipe your device (cache, dalvik cache, and user data).

the noob help thread here is actually very easy to follow, the second or third post has the directions to rooting, putting the recovery on, and then loading the rom is super easy to do it almost doesn't need instructions.

they ONLY thing that wasn't in the directions was the root file there has 2 folders in it, one for 1.5 phones and one for 2.1 phones. as long as you realize this and use the right file, root works no problems. i had root, recovery, and rom installed in under a half hour my first time.

toughest part was getting adb running, LOL

Alright. Thanks Dorian. You've been a lot if help.

Quote Originally Posted by wdeydwondrer View Post
    the noob help thread here is actually very easy to follow, the second or third post has the directions to rooting, putting the recovery on, and then loading the rom is super easy to do it almost doesn't need instructions.

they ONLY thing that wasn't in the directions was the root file there has 2 folders in it, one for 1.5 phones and one for 2.1 phones. as long as you realize this and use the right file, root works no problems. i had root, recovery, and rom installed in under a half hour my first time.

toughest part was getting adb running, LOL
    Yeah I'll check into that. Hopefully I'll have it on soon.

Actually, since you seem fairly new at this, using the Clockwork recovery may be better, since you can install it through the ROM Manager app. Also, a pretty good set of instructions on how to install Preclair can be found here.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

that's what i followed for the preclair install, it's linked through his rom link too

Okay, so I installed ROM MANAGER app from the market and flashed the Custom Recovery. I also created a bcakup and moved it to my pc. All I need is the Preclair.zip with the 2.1 radio in it because I'm at school and the internet blocks the site. Could someone e-mail it to me? at flowsick180@yahoo.com thanks.

P.S. since I already have 2.1 I need to put the radio.img in correct? If someone knows where that is could you e-mail me that too? thanks again.

No, the official Motorola 2.1 upgrade installs the new radio. Also, it can't really be emailed to you since the file is over 90mb. I do believe I have the copy I downloaded saved in my Dropbox account and could possibly allow you to download it from there if Dropbox isn't blocked at your school. Otherwise, you'll just have to wait.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    No, the official Motorola 2.1 upgrade installs the new radio. Also, it can't really be emailed to you since the file is over 90mb. I do believe I have the copy I downloaded saved in my Dropbox account and could possibly allow you to download it from there if Dropbox isn't blocked at your school. Otherwise, you'll just have to wait.
    Yes I can access Dropbox. could you inbox me ur info for that? thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links