Bear with me, new to this...

This is a discussion on Bear with me, new to this... within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; As I am relatively new to this forum (joined today), I am wondering if there is any way to remove bloatware without rooting or to ...

Thread: Bear with me, new to this...

Bear with me, new to this...

As I am relatively new to this forum (joined today), I am wondering if there is any way to remove bloatware without rooting or to root the motorola backflip without going to thirty different websites to do so. I am quite skilled at following directions but most of the directions I find seemed geared at folks who have been doing this for a long, long time.
    Thanks for your time, patience, and answers.:motorola::blur:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Read and follow the instructions here: [ROOT] All versions of Backflip and you should be fine...
    If you like my work, and want to buy me a beer, click HERE...

ya, it's really not that hard. there are even some simpler ways to root now than w/ adb. but pretty much once you jump in, you'll understand the directions. i had the same problem 'till i actually DID it, then it made sense. if u have any issues, post up on here and i'm sure someone will get with you in a matter of hours.

to answer your question though, you HAVE to root to remove the bloat ware. at that though, i would recommend installing jrodd's preclair rom vs removing this and that. the rom is mostly the same as the motorola just w/out the bloat ware, and some added features.

Actually all that is required now to root your phone (once you are running Android 2.1) is to install and run z4root and run it. It was available in the Market but it may have now been removed. It can still be found on XDA-Developers, in the thread linked.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I'm still getting taken to fifty other sites with alot of instructions that make no sense to me whatsoever. Please assist. All this AT&T garbage is driving me nuts and killing my backflip performance.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

he is on Mac OS X and i'm not sure how to sideload the z4root from a mac.

There's a post here somewhere about running ADB from Linux/MacOS X. It is basically the same, except that it does not require any drivers. You just need to download and run the Android SDK to get access to ADB. I THINK that there is a version of the Sideload Wonder Machine that will run on MacOS X.

You can find the Mac/Linux version of the Sideload Wonder Machine here.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links