2.1 Root?

This is a discussion on 2.1 Root? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I have been inactive for a while, and I heard official 2.1 came out. I was gonna get it, but I have the custom one ...

Thread: 2.1 Root?

2.1 Root?

I have been inactive for a while, and I heard official 2.1 came out. I was gonna get it, but I have the custom one made a while back.

Well this piece of crap phone is really slow and I wish I had a new phone but I just got this around June so I'm stuck with it.

So I want to try the official 2.1 update. But I really need the wifi tethering...so is there a root for this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    You can update to the Preclair 2.1 build... or use Barnacle WiFi tethering. With Barnacle you have to skip WPA Supplicant.

When I click update it says I have the latest version. I tried factory reset but it brings me to jrods recovery that I have installed. And when I did factory reset on there it just brought me back to how 2.1 was when I first installed it. So how can I get the official 2.1? I was doing factory reset to try to go to older version then upgrade so I dont know what else to do.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Well, *this* will take you back to OEM 2.1.

BUT... When you have a custom ROM installed, like Preclair, you can't update the OS from within the settings. If you DO update through the settings, if you can get it to get any kind of update notification, will most likely break the OS and cause a lot of trouble.

When updating a custom ROM, it's best if you back your information and apps up, and clear the memory and re-flash the updated OS... then restoring your data. It seems like a lot to do, but it really only takes about 15mins.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links