Rooting a Backflip

This is a discussion on Rooting a Backflip within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; There is not any program called Motorola driver. There is Windows Mobile Device Center. Is that it? Also should I update my phone to version ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rooting a Backflip

There is not any program called Motorola driver. There is Windows Mobile Device Center. Is that it?

Also should I update my phone to version 2.1?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    It's specifically called "Motorola Mobile Driver Installation". If you have the drivers installed properly they should show up in the Programs and Features in the Control Panel. If they're not listed there, that most likely is one issue. You need to reinstall them from here.

About upgrading, if you're still on 1.5, then by all means! 2.1 will give you more options in what apps are available in the Market, along with mostly improved battery life and performance. Just know that some people have minor issues with upgrading, like app force closings and such.

Dammit... I updated my phone and it deleted all my contacts :/... this sucks

Nevermind I got them all back :D.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I was about to say..LOL. If you had signed into MotoBlur all your contacts are backed up into Motorola's servers.

I take it, that aside from the contacts not showing up immediately, that everything else is pretty much in order?

I did everything you said but it says "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]" but i have like 1.57 gigs on my SD and 142 mb on my internal and the total file size im installing is 955 kb please help (Don't know if this helps but i'm installing z4root)

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Blak3 View Post
    I did everything you said but it says "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]" but i have like 1.57 gigs on my SD and 142 mb on my internal and the total file size im installing is 955 kb please help (Don't know if this helps but i'm installing z4root)
    Could you post a screen shot of what it's telling you?

Name:  error.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  18.8 KB
    It made it really small haha
    ps click it

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Where it says that you should see your serial number above, does it list a device with a device ID?

If it does, then it's not the Sideload Wonder Machine, it's your phone. You may want to back your information up and start fresh with a reflash back to a clean stock 2.1 installation. An "upgrade" from 1.5 to 2.1 is sticky at best. That's why when most people start seeing errors like this, they just wipe the slate clean and start fresh, so there are no issues with ADB or apps on the phone. If you choose to start fresh, Titanium Backup will backup your apps for you, and Motoblur has your contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Where it says that you should see your serial number above, does it list a device with a device ID?

If it does, then it's not the Sideload Wonder Machine, it's your phone. You may want to back your information up and start fresh with a reflash back to a clean stock 2.1 installation. An "upgrade" from 1.5 to 2.1 is sticky at best. That's why when most people start seeing errors like this, they just wipe the slate clean and start fresh, so there are no issues with ADB or apps on the phone. If you choose to start fresh, Titanium Backup will backup your apps for you, and Motoblur has your contacts.
    Name:  error.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  19.2 KB
    I'm not sure what the device ID is sooo.... heres a pic, thank you

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    ^That is a valid device ID that ADB is seeing, so at this point it's your phone that's the issue. Some part of Android has corrupted permissions or files.

Unplug your phone from your computer, turn it off, pull the battery out, and press and hold the power button for a sec. Now put the battery back in and hold the camera button down while pressing the power button and hold the camera button down until you get into recovery...

Once in recovery you want to clear the dalvik cache... nothing else, just the dalvik cache.

What that does is clear out all of Android's temp files, and they get rebuilt on the next boot. That will not delete any of your personal data.

You use the volume keys to move up and down the list in recovery, and power is select.

Here is a short video on recovery mode... (you can skip the bootloader mode part)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links