Need help installing UniversalAndroot

This is a discussion on Need help installing UniversalAndroot within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I have a Motorola Backflip on At&t, running android 2.1 eclair. I am trying to install UniversalAndroot thru appinstaller but it gave me an error ...

Thread: Need help installing UniversalAndroot

Need help installing UniversalAndroot

I have a Motorola Backflip on At&t, running android 2.1 eclair. I am trying to install UniversalAndroot thru appinstaller but it gave me an error message, "This application comes from an unknown source, and for your security only applications from trusted sources can be installed". I have been reading up on it, and when I tried to install adb for android, there are different packages to be downloaded and installed. I see ones I can check and uncheck, do I pick just the android 2.1 version for my phone? Im new to this and a bit confused. I am computer savvy, follow instructions well and would appreciate someone to help me with this please so I can root my device, thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Unless you plan on doing development on your phone it shouldnt matter. Just install an SDK and ADB will be installed along with it.. You wont be using anything to do with the SDK unless youre a dev. All that matters is that ABD gets installed.. I dont see anything about ADB being drastically (or even remotely) updated since the one I have (SDK r05) so just pick one and install it.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Download the SDK from Google or use Android Sideload Wonder Machine. ASWM installs apps through an ADB connection behind the user friendly UI.

EDIT: Here is z4Mod root from XDA. It's another ROOT method.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Download the SDK from Google or use Android Sideload Wonder Machine. ASWM installs apps through an ADB connection behind the user friendly UI.

EDIT: Here is z4Mod root from XDA. It's another ROOT method.
    Thanks Dorian. I installed the Android Sideload Wonder Machine and it works perfect. I installed the z4mod to root my phone but haven't yet.
    Im kinda afraid to brick my phone, when I root it. I might just do it though lol.

I used Z4Root with no issues on both our phones.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

So I rooted my phone with the z4mod and it worked out fine. I see I have the superuser app now installed on my phone, what can I do with that? Can someone link with a tutorial on how to use the superuser app. Also I have been reading I can install the Titanium Backup app to backup my phones bloatware and turn it off so it runs alot more efficiently. Any pointers on how use the Titanium Backup app on my phone?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Now that you have Superuser access, you want to be careful with it. Basically it gives you complete and total control over everything, meaning that you can delete things and change things that could cause your phone not to boot. Some things you can do with ROOT are:

Turn off the capacitive button backlights.
    Modify the look of Android.
    Access the /system folder to manually add system apk's.
    Use Titanium Backup correctly. (requires root for all it's functionality)
    Use Rom Manager...
    And a ton of other stuff...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links