How to install themes?

This is a discussion on How to install themes? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I am very new to android, just got my first android phone (Backflip) today. How do I install themes? I've noticed that in settings the ...

Thread: How to install themes?

Question How to install themes?

I am very new to android, just got my first android phone (Backflip) today. How do I install themes? I've noticed that in settings the only thing I can change is th wallpaper. Is there a theme app that will allow me to run themes?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by xdunlapx View Post
    I am very new to android, just got my first android phone (Backflip) today. How do I install themes? I've noticed that in settings the only thing I can change is th wallpaper. Is there a theme app that will allow me to run themes?
    Theming in the truest sense requires you to have a custom recovery installed to flash the theme zip file. What it does is replace the framework-res.apk, android.policy.jar, and services.jar that's in /system/framework. framework-res.apk contains all of the graphic parts of the UI and the android.policy.jar contains the lockscreen elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Theming in the truest sense requires you to have a custom recovery installed to flash the theme zip file. What it does is replace the framework-res.apk, android.policy.jar, and services.jar that's in /system/framework. framework-res.apk contains all of the graphic parts of the UI and the android.policy.jar contains the lockscreen elements.
    Wow I had no clue it was so involved. I think ill stay away from that.. thank you for your reply.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by xdunlapx View Post
    Wow I had no clue it was so involved. I think ill stay away from that.. thank you for your reply.
    Of course I forgot there's MetaMorph, but it's not really giving you the whole shebang.

Ah. Yeah I figured there'd be an app for it but wasn't sure. Perhaps down the road I'll look into it but I think for now I'm happy with what I've got. Thanks again

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links