How about that frozen yogurt....

This is a discussion on How about that frozen yogurt.... within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; What are the chances of us getting froyo. I really want flash. There's that whole market based on flash games now. And I want to ...

Thread: How about that frozen yogurt....

What are the chances of us getting froyo. I really want flash. There's that whole market based on flash games now. And I want to be able to update gmail and stuff through the market. Froyo has good features besides speed improvement, so don't say its just that.

I saw a VERY long time ago someone had a very fragile version of froyo running on the backflip. Is there any news about that? Or does anyone even care?

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Froyo won't be coming via AT&T or Moto. The community may have a build though... but you won't be able to use flash. Flash requires an ARMv7 CPU, which is the CPU in the Hummingbird, Snapdragon, OMAP, and some other platforms.

But other than flash, other features should work fine if a build is ever created.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Kernelzilla appears to be working on porting Android 2.2 and from what I've heard is making good progress. I believe only the camera is not working at this point. Getting the data to work with the new USIM cards has become a stumbling block for AOSP type builds. Hopefully it'll be released soon-ish.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

2.2 is out and working fine, has a few small bugs but nothing that keeps it from being a daily driver.
    [ROM] Unofficial CyanogenMod v6.1.2 (Froyo 2.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Runnerx View Post
    2.2 is out and working fine, has a few small bugs but nothing that keeps it from being a daily driver.
    [ROM] Unofficial CyanogenMod v6.1.2 (Froyo 2.2.1)
    Actually it does work very well, but for some (myself included unfortunately) the phones won't charge from USB when using this ROM. The only way I could get my phone to charge when using the ROM is to shut it down and plug it into the wall charger. It'll then charge until unplugged at which point to charge again the process must be repeated. I tried, but it got to be too much of a nuisance after awhile. Back on Preclair for now. Hopefully this'll be fixed in Beta 2.

I'm using the 2.2 now. No charging problems. My only issue is the camera. But its only the default app, not the camera itself. Besides that I love it

Seems like there are a lot of bugs to be worked out on the unofficial 2.2.1 cyanogenmod. I think I'll wait it out until those are fixed. I need USB charging and would really prefer to have access to the camera. I don't use it often though. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I have the unofficial-cyanogenmod-v6-1-2-froyo-2-2-1 on my Wifes Backflip. The camera works fine in sxga (4:3). Most everything works pretty well. Too bad she hates it, lol. I gotta put it back to stock in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by JdgM3NT4L View Post
    I have the unofficial-cyanogenmod-v6-1-2-froyo-2-2-1 on my Wifes Backflip. The camera works fine in sxga (4:3). Most everything works pretty well. Too bad she hates it, lol. I gotta put it back to stock in the morning.
    I'd install Preclair and just tell her it's stock.

For anybody watching this thread, the cm6 for backflip port was just updated

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links