Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Table Top Mode

This is a discussion on Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Table Top Mode within the Motorola Backflip FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Blur was tested with the new "Suicide Bomber" Paradigm. This is an Eastern philosophy, which is readily apparent in this phone (notice that Google Night ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Table Top Mode

Blur was tested with the new "Suicide Bomber" Paradigm. This is an Eastern philosophy, which is readily apparent in this phone (notice that Google Night Sky will only point east!)

The "Suicide Bomber" approach to phones is this.

1. Conceptualize a design for years

2. Develop and manufacture the hardware

3. Realize that someone else's shockingly new thing came out way too quickly with way too big a bang (no pun intended,,, or was it?)

4. GRAB WHATEVER YOU HAVE HALF BETA'd AND THROW IT ON THE PHONE! NOW!!

5. Take to CES and show a few people, whom can't even get the name of the phone right (Phonedog... you led me astray on the Epix you ass)

6. Get the public in a frenzy about the idea of something shockingly new!!!!!!

7. Keep making demo phones.... and sell them to the public

8. Finalize development

Seriously, did the guys who designed Windows Vista answer the help wanted adds at Motorola??

Not saying i don't like the phone... but i sure look foolish when i run into a crowd and say, "Motorola is Great! Google is Great! Blur is crazy and new!" Then i press the button, eagerly awaiting the metiforical explosion of applications and melded contact goodness....

I wait...

I wait...

Oh,,, weird, the same update my mother put on my facebook wall a week ago is back... again.... for the 8th time today...

Hold on, let me try this button again.... DAMN, the surrender screen is back again...

Stupid Stupid Stupid.

but still, I love the phone... Just bought one for the wife =)

Weather on Table Top

I figured this out on my own that you have to have the weather widget on your homescreen to make it work on the table top

I just got a back flip and I cant get my phone to go into table top mode, I have the weather widget on my home screen. Am I missing something in settings??

What does you phone do? It should be automatic if you fold the screen to about 90. The only thing I can think of that would prevent it is if you are running a task killer and have killed the tabletop process.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Electric View Post
    I would like to be able to change what weather app controls and shows the weather on the tabletop mode.
    Yep, me too! I removed the AccuWeather widget the other day and noticed a blank spot where weather used to show in Tabletop mode (bottom left corner).

Does anyone know of a way to modify Tabletop mode so that I can see weather-widget content again? Preferably, with my weather widget not the default one.

I moved my weatherchannel.com widget to the middle/home page (as suggested above) but no joy.

not sure if you guys caught this on the other threads but the new update, released 13 May allows the user to dim the entire display which in turn turns off those annoying leds...

Quote Originally Posted by chrismmm View Post
    not sure if you guys caught this on the other threads but the new update, released 13 May allows the user to dim the entire display which in turn turns off those annoying leds...
    To which I am not a lucky recipient of. ARGH!

C2k
    I got the update as well, and I confirm that the LED's turn off now (when you change it from the bright red/orange to the bluish background, at least). I think thats my favorite part of the whole update =]

Table top mode works great for me, except that after 1 minute (coincidentally, the same length of time I have set for my screen timeout) the table side alarm clock goes dark... So does this mean I would have to disable the screen timeout in order for it to actually be an alarm clock all night long? And if so, wouldn't that drain the battery during the day when the screen never darkens (not to mention annoying)...? :backfliplay:

You are correct that you would need to disable the screen timeout. I would suggest if you want to set a timeout that you just change the setting when you go to bed, and then change it back when you get up in the morning.

I suppose if you are charging your phone at night, you could try setting the option Settings -> Application Settings -> Development -> Stay Awake

This should keep the screen on while the phone is being charged.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links