Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Table Top Mode

This is a discussion on Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Table Top Mode within the Motorola Backflip FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!! Thank you so much!!! This Forum has truly been great to work with, everyone replies quickly and has been very helpful!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Table Top Mode

THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!! Thank you so much!!! This Forum has truly been great to work with, everyone replies quickly and has been very helpful!

Ok, now that jmgib has resolved my screen timeout issue with the Stay Awake option... (THANK YOU!!!) chrismmm and C2k both mentioned that an update would cause the LEDs to turn off when switching to the dim setting (bluish background)... I checked for System Updates and got the message "Your device is up to date! No update necessary", but my LEDs do not turn off in the dim setting... How can I get the update?

The update hasn't been released to everyone. It has only been released as a test update about a month or so ago, and then yesterday they tested the release mechanisms for a slightly newer update, so it should be pushed out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismmm View Post
    not sure if you guys caught this on the other threads but the new update, released 13 May allows the user to dim the entire display which in turn turns off those annoying leds...
    I got a refurbished backflip with 2.1 update 1 on it and I can't find a way to turn off or dim the soft keys lights (home, menu and back). Also in tabletop mode the screen blanks out like it would if i just sit it on the table and forget about it. I can't figure out how to fix that... Any ideas?

Edit: Oh nevermind on the soft key light problem. I have to click the lightbulb in order to dim it.. I'd rather have the backlight stay lit and the lights dimmed... Ugh. I still can't figure out why the table top mode times out, blanks the screen. It's useless that way.

Edit2: I reread through this thread. Looks like there is no good way to keep tabletop mode from timing out. Oh well. :P Guess it's not that great of a feature anyway.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by xdunlapx View Post
    Edit2: I reread through this thread. Looks like there is no good way to keep tabletop mode from timing out. Oh well. :P Guess it's not that great of a feature anyway.
    If it's plugged in, it should stay on if you set the screen to not timeout.... if you go into the settings then Applications, then Development.. You'll notice one checkbox for something like "Stay Awake" which keeps the screen from turning off while it's charging.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links