Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Contacts & Sharing

This is a discussion on Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Contacts & Sharing within the Motorola Backflip FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by tae_254 settings> Google synchronization > enable contacts. That was already set when I turned on the phone, I think. I can't remember ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Contacts & Sharing

Quote Originally Posted by tae_254 View Post
    settings> Google synchronization > enable contacts.
    That was already set when I turned on the phone, I think. I can't remember if I transfered my contacts before or after I created a gmail account. I have my motoblur account set to my aol account that I have had for about a decade and want to finally get rid of, so maybe that's why?? I went onto the motoblur website to find out how to change my email so it could be on my newly created google account of awesome and you actually have to delete your motoblur account and make a new one. I'm thinking that means resetting my phone......... I hope not. So I'm debating just restarting my phone and see if that works or trying a bunch of other stuff first only to find out I had to retart from scratch. I like motoblur, but I really do wish sometimes it was not as integrated as it is. Think it would be more cool as more of an app type of thing.

Evilbug. Nicely made up words.

Edit:
    I did notice that my gmail is not part of my universal inbox. Is anybody elses??

Hi all...I am new to this forum and have had my backflip for just 3 days now. My 11 year old daughter has one as well. I originally had her use my gmail account for syncing and now I've decided I want her to have her own, but can't figure out how to delete the one under my name on her phone so that we can put hers on....any ideas how to delete the gmail account on the phone???

P.S. Came from iPhone and so far, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the backflip!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Electric View Post
    That was already set when I turned on the phone, I think. I can't remember if I transfered my contacts before or after I created a gmail account. I have my motoblur account set to my aol account that I have had for about a decade and want to finally get rid of, so maybe that's why?? I went onto the motoblur website to find out how to change my email so it could be on my newly created google account of awesome and you actually have to delete your motoblur account and make a new one. I'm thinking that means resetting my phone......... I hope not. So I'm debating just restarting my phone and see if that works or trying a bunch of other stuff first only to find out I had to retart from scratch. I like motoblur, but I really do wish sometimes it was not as integrated as it is. Think it would be more cool as more of an app type of thing.

Evilbug. Nicely made up words.

Edit:
    I did notice that my gmail is not part of my universal inbox. Is anybody elses??
    Your Gmail isnt part of your universal inbox because we use the gmail app.

Quote Originally Posted by pjmatelli View Post
    Hi all...I am new to this forum and have had my backflip for just 3 days now. My 11 year old daughter has one as well. I originally had her use my gmail account for syncing and now I've decided I want her to have her own, but can't figure out how to delete the one under my name on her phone so that we can put hers on....any ideas how to delete the gmail account on the phone???

P.S. Came from iPhone and so far, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the backflip!!!!
    Welcome to the forums. You are going to have to do a hard reset on the phone and start everything over.

Thanks Tae...I understand that the hard reset is simply taking out the battery for a minute or so and putting it back in. We've tried that and it won't hard reset. Am I missing something?

I'm sorry not a hard reset. . you have to do a factory reset. menu>settings>media card and storage> factory data reset.

I have used Google Voice on my HTC Tilt for a long time. I exported all of my contacts from Outlook Exchange and imported them to Google Voice. It took me a while to get Google Voice working on the Backflip. At first I was trying to load it the same way I loaded it on my Tilt (not using the Android Market). When I finally got it working I thought I had another problem because it was taking a long time downloading something. Once the download completed all of my contacts were in place and all fields were intact.

Some of my contact pictures captured with the Tilt did not show up and that was going to be a problem. I ended up being able to get those contact pics by opening Outlook contacts, used the Vista Snipping Tool to save the image in a newly created contact folder and then added them to the Google Voice add picture option.

I never thought I would ever give up Microsoft’s ActiveSync but after less than a week of having Google Voice working on an Android the way it was designed to work, it’s growing on me at a fast pace.

I used PdaNet trial version on my Tilt but wanted to wait on the Android before buying it. I bought it as soon as I made my 1st connection.

Fellow Backflippers,
    We have only had this phone for a week. I read a lot of negative threads while I waited 4 days for my delivery but was encouraged at the speed the solution for the AT&T iPhone style lock down problem was addressed. Let’s give this and other forums/resources a little time and I believe in the end you will be happy with your Backflip venture (keep AT&T’s 30 day return option noted on your calendar).

With this said can anyone help me with several graphics problems I’m having with the Backflip;

1) My eCommerce flash website banner (tfox.info) or photo albums (example - tfox.info/Boat) will not display (yxflash did not help). I’m seeing some chatter regarding Android version 2.1 and a version 10 of flash that may address the problem, maybe.
    2) Unable to download DxClient cab files needed to load the application for my remote DVR system camera viewing (generally need ActiveX (computer/laptop) to make this work – worked on a G1 (Java) that a friend has but could not get it to working on new G1 that I considered buying). Loaded Dyndns on the Backflip and it appears to be working. Once I figure out how to get the cab files loaded then my problem with the graphics may still be a problem.

Has anyone found something on the Android Market that will address ActiveX/Java related problems that I can try?

What's up with the battery? Anybody found a source to purchase spares?

I know that ths may not be the place to ask this question. but here goes anyway is it possible to send contacts via blue tooth or sms or email to another phone or email account I would like to send single contact info to my wife's backflip is that possible and if not will it be in the future ??/

Quote Originally Posted by paverdog View Post
    I know that ths may not be the place to ask this question. but here goes anyway is it possible to send contacts via blue tooth or sms or email to another phone or email account I would like to send single contact info to my wife's backflip is that possible and if not will it be in the future ??/
    Try 'Hoccer'. It's free and in the Market.

It depends on whether her phone is compatible or not. I think she (the other phone) needs to run it, too. I'm not sure about that.

Cannot delete all contacts

Apologies if i missed a solution in these forums but after searching i cannot find a way (or a forum solution that works) to delete all my contacts - i have to do all 850 one by one. The Delete Contacts app crashes when i try All. MyMotoblur Delete Data didnt touch my contacts but it took out all my downloaded programs. And Motoblur rejects my CSV uploads no matter what format i use even after conforming the headings in the spreadsheet. I understand from the forum that a subsequent CSV upload does not replace a previous one but adds to it so you cannot delete old contacts that way.

Who designs an address book/contacts that the user cannot erase? What kind of software engineering is that? I have had my AT & T Backflip for only a few days and really liked it until i found this out. I've wasted a lot of time on this. What have i missed? Any solution out there? When will Motoblur fix this?

Guess i'll do a Factory Reset and use Google only (not sure even the Factory Reset will work since the Data Erase did not)? They should tell us that ahead of time. Not very user friendly and what's Motoblur for then, no one really needs it if it doesnt work and Google does?

;((

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links