Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Contacts & Sharing

This is a discussion on Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Contacts & Sharing within the Motorola Backflip FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltumCsOy0MY]YouTube - Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Contacts & Sharing[/ame] With Motorola BACKFLIP, all my friends, family and co-workers info are synced upall in one place. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Contacts & Sharing

dandroid

Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Contacts & Sharing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltumCsOy0MY]YouTube - Motorola BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR: Contacts & Sharing[/ame]

With Motorola BACKFLIP, all my friends, family and co-workers info are synced upall in one place. Contacts & Sharing demostration.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Unless they were in one place before, now they are in 5 places, have fun putting them back together over the next few weeks..

Why can't this phone port contacts from outlook? What is so wrong with that? Most of the business' i know and work with have 5 or 6 phone numbers, the "how to import your contacts from outlook guide" has you export to a DOS file that truncates your contacts info, abandons their email and address information, throw other stored contact and information about them away completely and leaves you with their wireless number.... and that is it.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid!

I looked for hours trying to find apps that would do this, i would finally find a good one, and guess what, it's not in the app store because it does not work with this phone.

So, as soon as someone finds a easy to use program that will sync contacts between outlook and blurdroid, or even a contacts manager for the computer, PLEASE POST IT HERE for us all to enjoy!!!

The guys at the AT&T store would like it too, i had to help them port the info over for a new blurdroid,, errr backflip owner.

Evilbug=-

have ya'lls contacts been updating to your google contacts?? The only contacts that have been updating to my google account are new numbers I program in. Nothing that I transferred from my sim card has gone to my google contacts.

All mine showed up

if you look at each of your contacts you will notice down at the bottom of the scroll screen that it lists them as Motoblur contacts. this means that they are phone / motocloud stored and google has no visibility to them (somehow i think linking your email, phone numbers, myspace, facebook and tweets is just doing the NSA's job for them... chew on that) but... in order to get your contacts over to google, you have to dump them into your gmail account via the DOS import, or manually hacking away at it for a while... over time i will begin to cut my motoblur accounts apart and get rid of them, switching to a google only contacts list.. but once i merged my sim with my outlook-via dos file-via gmail import contacts.. it did a masterful job of figuring out which were duplicates and squishing it all together..

So, get to work in gmail.. you will be happier once you are done.

Words invented in this post are "Motocloud" and "easy"

Note: I had no opportunity to use the newly created word, "easy" here.

Thanks blurdroid for messing with my life and diminishing this weeks productivity at work while i figure all this out the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbug View Post
    if you look at each of your contacts you will notice down at the bottom of the scroll screen that it lists them as Motoblur contacts. this means that they are phone / motocloud stored and google has no visibility to them (somehow i think linking your email, phone numbers, myspace, facebook and tweets is just doing the NSA's job for them... chew on that) but... in order to get your contacts over to google, you have to dump them into your gmail account via the DOS import, or manually hacking away at it for a while... over time i will begin to cut my motoblur accounts apart and get rid of them, switching to a google only contacts list.. but once i merged my sim with my outlook-via dos file-via gmail import contacts.. it did a masterful job of figuring out which were duplicates and squishing it all together..

So, get to work in gmail.. you will be happier once you are done.

Words invented in this post are "Motocloud" and "easy"

Note: I had no opportunity to use the newly created word, "easy" here.

Thanks blurdroid for messing with my life and diminishing this weeks productivity at work while i figure all this out the hard way.
    Actually if you have your settings set to sync your Google contacts it will sync all your contacts as your putting them in your phone. I know for a fact due to me not even having a Google account before i got this phone and had to make one up. I never once entered a number into Google and all my contacts still show up when i got to my gmail. The phone is a little smarter than you think it is. All my phone numbers were transfered from my sim card and like i said all show up in Google.

Unless they were in one place before, now they are in 5 places, have fun putting them back together over the next few weeks..
    This is the reason I hated motoblur at first, because, with the right settings, it does show everything in one place and given the majority of people I talk to on the phone do not have myspace or facebook, I had a contacts list that I hated. However now I have it just set to Motoblur contacts, I can link up the individuals that do have facebook or myspace, while leaving myspace and facebook contacts on there own screen.

I looked for hours trying to find apps that would do this, i would finally find a good one, and guess what, it's not in the app store because it does not work with this phone.
    This can still be installed via your PC.

[rant]
    [rant]
    With all due respect, before you rant away, and do nothing but complain, why dont you come here and ask if things your trying to accomplish are possible? So far it seems most of what you have ranted away about is false and could give people the wrong impression.

I will discuss my experience,

I am sorry if your experience with my experience feels a bit "rantish"

But this is my experience, and alot of other folks experience too i'm sure.

If you don't like my review of specific features from a novice perspective, please be helpful like tae_254..

Tae, thank you, now about this "sync to Gmail" option, where is that hiding?

Thanks!!!

yeah what i did coming off blackberry was download the googlesync app made an account and sync'ed to my gmail. when i associated my gmail with my new motoblur account all 500 business contacts as well as my personal contacts.

then all i had to do was link the facebook contacts to the person they belong to, wasnt too hard since they just doubled up name wise in the blur contact list. thankfully i dont do myspace(canceled that long ago) or twitter really (just follow a few people/orgs), or this could have been a huge headache.

I will discuss my experience,

I am sorry if your experience with my experience feels a bit "rantish"

But this is my experience, and alot of other folks experience too i'm sure.

If you don't like my review of specific features from a novice perspective, please be helpful like tae_254..

Tae, thank you, now about this "sync to Gmail" option, where is that hiding?

Thanks!!!

settings> Google synchronization > enable contacts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links