Backflip How To: Import contacts from Sim card

This is a discussion on Backflip How To: Import contacts from Sim card within the Motorola Backflip FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by detectiveVIC I go into my gmail and my contacts from my phone are not there. How can I manually pull them over. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backflip How To: Import contacts from Sim card

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by detectiveVIC View Post
    I go into my gmail and my contacts from my phone are not there. How can I manually pull them over.

Another question: On my phone, when I click on messaging, the icons that come up are my yahoo mail, facebook, and text messaging. Gmail is not there. How do I add it to that screen? My gmail is already linked, because I get notifications....it's just not on that screen.
    By default contacts you create on your phone are added to the MotoBlur group/profile.

They are also added the the group you are in when creating them. Tapping the groups heading (just below the notifications bar) when you viewing contacts will show a list of your groups. If you want a contact you enter on your phone to sync with your gmail account select the Google group.

You will now be viewing all of your gmail contacts. Tap the greem plus (+) sign in the top right and add your contact. It will now sync with your gmail account.

Note: Google and MotoBlur show up in the groups list, but are treated differently than groups you create on the phone or in gmail. They are labeled profiles when viewing contact info (as in 'Linked profiles'). They do not show the edit group menu item when the menu key is tapped while viewing them.

I have not figured out a way to link/add an existing contact to the Google profile.

So , am I right in thinking from what i have read here that I can take the SIM card from my old Nokia and place that in the Backflip and copy info from the card to the SD card?

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    So , am I right in thinking from what i have read here that I can take the SIM card from my old Nokia and place that in the Backflip and copy info from the card to the SD card?
    You can copy from the SIM card to the phones contact list (Which I think is stored on the phone). This is what I did with my contacts from my Samsung Eternity:

1. Copy all contacts to SIM card in my old phone
    2. Put SIM card in Backflip
    3. Copy contacts from SIM to contacts list
    4. Remove SIM that was in old phone
    5. Put Backflip SIM back in

If your contacts are stored on the phone in your old phone, you can also put the SIM card from the Backflip in the old phone, copy to the SIM, put the SIM back in the Backflip and copy from the SIM to the phonebook.

You usually only get basic info when copying contacts this way. Custom ringtones, pictures used for ID, and extended info may be lost.

Marvin, that's great info and help.

Cheers

Still can't find contacts.

I have tried the suggestions above, but I still can't get my contacts to link up with my gmail acct. I have about 150 contacts on my sim card. they show up on the phone fine they don't show up on my gmail accnt. I made roughly 20 new contacts on the phone, those show up on gmail accnt but not the original 150 contacts. I want to edit the 150 contacts on gmail as it will be a lot quicker. I've tried importing and exporting. No luck.

Thanks in advance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links