Backflip How To: Import contacts from Sim card

This is a discussion on Backflip How To: Import contacts from Sim card within the Motorola Backflip FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; HI there, I am brand new to the backflip and this forum so hopefully i am posting this in the right spot! when i go ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backflip How To: Import contacts from Sim card

Backflip How To: Import contacts from Sim card

HI there, I am brand new to the backflip and this forum so hopefully i am posting this in the right spot!
    when i go to view my contacts, i am not seeing anyone's phone numbers. I only see their facebook info. the salesperson at the at&t store that i bought it from sat there and made sure all my contacts from my old phone were stored onto my sim card and then he put that card in my backflip so i thought they would all be on my new phone just fine! but i can't find any of my phone numbers. Can anyone help me with this??
    i tried going into Settings-google sync-enable contacts, but contacts already had a green check next to it. i unchecked it and checked it again just in case it needed updating since i just did the google thing last night, but no such luck.

any tips would be greatly appreciated!!
    thank you
    Kathy

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Kathy
    Welcome to the forums. You need to import the contact from you sd card, sound like that was not done. open your contacts (hit the person button outlined in blue on the right bottom of your screen) now click the menu botton (four square button at the bottom left of the phone) go to more then settings, then click on import from sim card. This should help you out.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Thank you so so so much! it is importing them now!!!
    ok, so now is there a way to combine all of one contacts info under one name? like for my sister, there are 4 seperate contacts for her plus her facebook contact.
    i am sure there is a way to do this, but just wondering if you have a nice easy way?!

thanks again for helping with my problem!!

Quote Originally Posted by davidandkath View Post
    ok, so now is there a way to combine all of one contacts info under one name? like for my sister, there are 4 seperate contacts for her plus her facebook contact.
    i am sure there is a way to do this, but just wondering if you have a nice easy way?!

The best way I find to do this is once you create your gmail account via the first time you open up marketplace it will have you do this.

Then go onto your computer and login into gmail. Then go to your contacts. (your phone will automatically sync your contacts into gmail). Now you can edit your contacts here with a lot of options.

Every edit that you make will automatically sync back into your phone. ENJOY!!

thanks again!!
    very helpful website you guys have here! i will be back often for help!
    ps-is the 2.1 I have been reading about on here somekind of update/upgrade that we will be able to do to our phones??
    in case you haven't guessed i am very uneducated when it comes to these smartphones!

thanks again!!
    very helpful website you guys have here! i will be back often for help!
    ps-is the 2.1 I have been reading about on here somekind of update/upgrade that we will be able to do to our phones??
    in case you haven't guessed i am very uneducated when it comes to these smartphones!
    The 2.1 you have been hearing about is an upcoming Android (which is the OS from google your phone is running) update. It has many more features that will be included as well as some bug fixes.

very nice! can't wait
    thank you again, you have been super helpful!

Another way to do it is to go to the contact. (Your sister) press menu and link contact, it will bring up all contacts in your phone weather they are facebook, twitter, phone numbers, and you just select which ones you want to link or merge.

thanks Tae!

Quote Originally Posted by batmania15 View Post
    The best way I find to do this is once you create your gmail account via the first time you open up marketplace it will have you do this.

Then go onto your computer and login into gmail. Then go to your contacts. (your phone will automatically sync your contacts into gmail). Now you can edit your contacts here with a lot of options.

Every edit that you make will automatically sync back into your phone. ENJOY!!
    I go into my gmail and my contacts from my phone are not there. How can I manually pull them over.

Another question: On my phone, when I click on messaging, the icons that come up are my yahoo mail, facebook, and text messaging. Gmail is not there. How do I add it to that screen? My gmail is already linked, because I get notifications....it's just not on that screen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links